“Diabolical”

Price range: US$8 - US$16
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Fish and Chip Restaurant and Takeaway
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Take my advice and don’t bother with this shoddy excuse of a fish and chip shop. As others have said the portion sizes are extremely small. The proprietor, I would say, Probably divides a large cod into four skinny fillets - batters and serves as a regular fillet. Our fillets were approximately the size of a skinny battered sausage. Portion sizes of the chips were small too. But as others have said the greedy proprietor has the monopoly on the fish and chip shops in the local area, with there not being another fish and chip take away for some miles. It’s a shame as this used to be a good takeaway. To add insult to injury when we arrived home we were missing a piece of cod. We Couldn’t even divide the measly ones we had to make them go around. When I rang to complain I was told I could have another piece of fish for free next time I was passing.!’ Erm - free? I Think you’ll find you had already charged me for the fish you imbecile.

4  Thank taylorfamilyfrombas

Reviewed 8 June 2018

We got a takeout as an end of week treat, and we now remember why we don't go to Oliver's anymore. From the bad parking to the quality of the food, it was all very unpleasant. We definitely won't be going again.

Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

Visit here regularly as convenient for us and opening times are good. Always had a good experience here.

Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

Absolute waste of money probably the worst chippy I have been to in years ordered 2 large cod and chips for me and my mum and this was the large cod they gave us looked more like a battered sausage . The batter was soft and slimy the fish was cold and the large portion of chips was no bigger than a kids portion

2  Thank Sean R
Reviewed 1 May 2018

The food is OK but as many people on here have said, they are *very* small portions and expensive. It did used to be excellent but that was a few years ago now. In that area there is not really a good alternative within 7 miles, hence for many people its the only choice from a bad selection. Its also convenient located right on the A30 near M3 junction 6 and its open all day too. I ordered a large cod and what I got were 2 small cods, and by small I mean very small but still what they call a "standard" . This was probably because those 2 small cod had been sat there a while and they didn't want to cook me what I asked for fresh. I find out I have had 2 small cods substituted for the large cod, which I ordered, when I opened them in the car. They did not mention it to me or asked me if I minded. This was disingenuous at the very best. 7 miles east along the A30 in Hartney Whitney there is, in my opinion, a much better chip shop.

1  Thank MIADangerous