Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews yellow house the property manager starfish point rum point beach grand cayman savannah island
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 January 2020 via mobile

We rented two of the villas (Blue and Cream) for a first time, multigenerational family visit to Grand Cayman. The properties were perfect for us!

Spacious, nicely furnished, cotton bed and bath linens (which I love), kitchens that were very well equipped, each of the three bedroom properties were comfortable and wonderfully clean. All appliances and a washer and dryer round out the property. Excellent parking options if you are renting a car which is my recommendation.

The five villas that comprise Ocean Paradise are situated around a common pool that offers terrific ocean views; and one can hear the ocean. Close enough to easily move between villas on concrete paths however far enough apart to still have privacy. Lots of pool toys, coolers, lounge furniture and outdoor dining and card/game playing seating options.

Ocean Paradise is located on a natural beach where you can snorkel from and easily see lobsters, fish and coral.

Sean - the property manager - was wonderful to work with, quick to communicate and very professional.

Rum Point Beach with all of it’s fun is a few minutes drive as well as Kaibo Beach and Starfish Point. It’s a great location to stay on property and relax or jump in the car and explore from. Highly recommend and would return!

Recommendations:
✅ Bring water or casual closed shoes for the coral
✅ Stay indoors at dusk until total darkness as well as very early morning as the mosquitos in Cayman are legendary.
✅ Do go out and see the unbelievable night sky (after 9:00 pm).
✅ If flying in and renting a car - which is my recommendation - you May wish to stock up on your food supplies at Cost Plus (Costco style store) in Georgetown and then supplement at Foster’s in Savannah at and Chisholm’s Grocery right at Rum Point.
✅ Everglo Restaurant - excellent jerk chicken on Rum Point Road on the way to Ocean Paradise Villas.
✅ I recommend Red Sail Sports for your Cayman Adventures. They are extremely professional and offer great options for exploring the Island.
✅ Kayaking to Bioluminescent Bay is a must do! For this I recommend Cayman Kayaks; again very professional and excellent experience. Do the 9:15 pm kayak... I think you’ll be eaten alive by mozzies still at 7:15 pm. Ask for Spencer if you can; he was a terrific and knowledgeable guide who managed our party of 13 from age 7-73 with ease.
✅ Stingray City ( which people love and again I would recommend Red Sail Sport for this), I am on the fence about. It’s a bit of a circus with a plethora of boats and a lot of people being offloaded to touch the rays and get a photo op. I’ve gone a few times now and love the catamaran sail there and swimming in the ocean once there however my preference is to let the stingrays live in peace. I recommend Red Sail as I have witnessed other boats where people are offloaded from their craft and stand on the sandbar drinking from bottles of beer and partying away. It is the stingrays’s home so a bit of respect I feel is appropriate IMHO.
✅ Kaibo Yacht Club is a great chill/food/vibe place to hang out with a nice beach
✅ Starfish Point to see the starfish (try not to pick them up and touch them!!!) again it’s their home and they are alive and not an Instagram prop.
✅ Captain Marvins for a reef or deep sea fishing charter. Again, very professional staff who are very knowledgeable and their boats are well maintained and very clean.
✅ Botanical gardens for a nice break and to see Blue Iguanas. If you want the Blue Iguana Tour it’s only at 10:00 and 11:00 am and is included in the cost of your ticket.
✅ Sunday brunch is a huge deal on the Island and the Ritz Carlton Hotel is a great choice for that.
✅ Camana Bay is fun for shopping, restaurants and wine tasting.
✅ Check to see very specially what your credit card or car insurer covers if you do rent a car. Otherwise you could face a hefty add on cost which could end up being almost as much the original rental price of the car. Car rental companies close promptly at 10 pm regardless of whether your flight is delayed or otherwise. Make sure to contact the rental car company if your flight is delayed if you will be missing your identified pick up time and ask for an extension to your new arrival time... otherwise you could arrive to find your car rented out to another person. Car rental on the island is very tight as it is really the only way to get around unless you are staying on the Seven Mile Beach strip.

Happy to answer any questions so feel free to get in touch or if you would like any help in planning your time in Grand Cayman. I am a personal travel designer.
Valerie

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 7 December 2019

We had stayed here for a week ,the place is amazing,quiet,all day and night.the villas are all very nice .the property manager took care of some issues we had but great service .we had everything we needed.close to rum beach and star fish beach.would stay here again.the houses are clean .

Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed 26 June 2019

What a great place to stay. My second visit now....
Away from hustle and bustle of crowded Grand Cayman for a more relaxation break. Superb accommodation in one of the 5 spacious villas, nice beach and pool.... Stress relief, quality family time or just a romantic break, a good place to consider.

Room tip: Any of the Villas are great, but the two front units with 100% ocean front are exceptional
Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 May 2019 via mobile

This is a fabulous place to stay in grand cayman. This is our third or even fourth stay at ocean paradise and we always get the yellow house,#5. It is under new owners now and they have been working diligently to update/upgrade and it shows! We were able swim in the ocean this time around since they dug out a lot of rock so there's now a nice little clear swimming hole which even my 2 young kids were able to enjoy. We had no problems at all with any stinky sargassum seaweed which has been a huge problem in the Caribbean -and cayman is no exception - but this spot in particular was spared! I highly recommend staying here, the price is right too! It's impossible to find a house this nice on the ocean, with a pool and convenient location for this price. Great stay! We will be back soon!

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank creampufftraveler
Ocean P, Manager at Ocean Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2019

Thanks for staying with us again Heather.

It made us very happy to see you and your kids playing on the beautiful beach and swimming in the ocean.

We hope you enjoy the last day of your stay and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 3 May 2019 via mobile

This was exactly what we wanted. My friends, my husband and I travel together frequently, and we’re getting tired of crowded resorts and being around a lot of people. We booked this beach house on a property with only 5 total. We were alone most of the week. The views are amazing, the houses are beautifully maintained and it truly was a home away from home.

The beach is small and slopped and the ocean at this point is mostly coral and not swimmable. It was still fun to walk along the beach and you could hear the waves crashing from the patio. Just set your expectations.

There are some free roaming roosters, chickens, cats, and lizards. We started naming them, and they became a part of the scenery.

To make this work, we did rent a car, because you are on the north side of the island, away from convenient public transportation. There is a market down the road, but I recommend making the drive to IGA in Savannah or in George Town, your time is worth the money you will save.

You can book tours that leave from rum point, which is minutes up the road. We opted to rent a boat for the day, something I also highly recommend. For our group we were ready to be in control of our vacation. This location was peaceful, beautiful, and we will come back!

Date of stay: May 2019