All reviewsthe ownerfew stepstower suiteclassic roomevery guestmake you feel at homedirect access to the seafirst thing in the morningold buildingheaven on earthlocation is amazingmemorable staysuperior roomcrystal clear watersbeautiful viewstone towersmall village
Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

Rude and provocative owner keeping the hotel liked 11 am and saying you arrived too early if you don't like me go somewhere else 2 hours from kalamata airport in the middle of nowhere for tourists with 4 months prebooked room he wanted us to pay extra helping to transfer to the original mavrihali's house which is 200 m away!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
7  Thank 12Nick1962
Reviewed 22 July 2016

Wonderful restored tower-house/castle, something about the place makes you feel quite special. Very friendly staff. Sakis ( the owner ) even looks like his illustrious ancestor Petrobey Mavromichalis, a real Greek hero, who's statue you can see in the main square of Areopoli.
We will be back.
Thanks to Sakis and his staff from Deb and Dave

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2016

Nestled into the corner of the village on the bay of Limeni, is the beautifully restored home of this historic family. Sakis (owner) and his team provided us a wonderful welcome. We had driven from Nafplio and temperatures had hit 40 degrees en-route. Access to the stunning ocean is down through the hotel out of a private gate. You then return to what feels like a private castle above the bay.
Breakfast is sumptuous comprising as is dinner of mostly local and delicious ingredients. Sakis takes pride in sourcing authentic foodstuffs.
Our room was compact but comfortable and each has its own terrace area. The views of the Mani landscape are inspiring as are the sunsets. Tranquility is maintained by a locked front door policy which provides for privacy throughout stay.
Drive from here to Githio for shops/restaurant or lovely local Aereopoli for cafes and bakeries. Or drive down to lighthouse for real Mani landscape.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
3  Thank Rose T
Reviewed 5 June 2016 via mobile

First of all...I would like to thank Sakis and his family and staff for making our stay at hotel truly wonderful!!! From the moment we arrived, we were greeted with the warmest welcome. Our stay was for 5 nights...looking on hindsight, we could have and should have stayed for longer!!!
The drive from Kalamata was an experience of its own. I'm sure everyone who has driven the route will know what I mean. Roughly 2hr car journey winding through the roads, up and around the mountains, passing through a picturesque village called Kardimilli (worth a stop as there is quite a lot to see there, including a beach).
The entrance to hotel with the wooden door is always kept locked. I can see why this is the case. All guests are given keys so as we leave and come back, we always lock the door. Seeing as Limeni is a small village with only a few hotels and restaurants in the area, it's a very very popular place for people to visit from all over Greece and overseas visitors, such as ourselves!!! I can imagine the hustle and bustle come peak season, when people with their cars try to find parking spaces.
The hotel grounds is superb! It took years of hard labour and love to restore this beautiful property to its closest and original origins. The stonework is so impressive. Sakis, explained to us,that in 2010 the hotel opened to welcome guests. The focal point has to be that impressive tower,which houses the best room in the hotel! Room #1. The view from the bedroom window, looks directly out to the Bay of Mani (the best way to swim:in the sea!!!). I stayed in Room#2. Perfect in every way. I only had to walk a few steps to get onto the main terrace, where all guests congregate every morning for their legendary breakfasts! The best breakfast I've had in any hotel. Would particularly like to thank Anastasia for looking after us. The service is top class. Seamless and very professional. Not forgetting Sakis. He's utterly brilliant. We will never forget the expresso/cappuccino freddo. YUMMY.
The sunloungers are very comfortable and are positioned in the best spots on the lower terrace. From there you are spoilt rotten with the view of the Bay. The little wooden unlocks and you simply walk down a few steps and enter the beautiful turquoise coloured waters. Heaven on earth.
Dinnertime at the hotel...you will receive the best and attentive service. Food and wine list is excellent. We had wine every evening with our meal! The fish is a must have! Fresh as fresh fish can be. Sakis recommended a local fish...Can't remember the name...think it begins with a P, the best fish I've ever tasted. U must try their olive oil. It's simply the best. On our last night we had their special Moussaka. That too was so delicious. Also a must have.
There is so much to explore in this part of Greece. The Peloponnese is host to UNESCO sites. We visited Mystras. Byzantine and rich in history, with so many monasteries to see. Unfortunately, as it was boiling hot that day (35degrees and more), we were not prepared to hike up the mountain to see the main Castle. If we had got there first thing in the morning we would have managed easily. Also,Diros caves is worth a visit. A subterranean journey. Underground caves system...absolutely breath taking. Stalagmite formations. U r escorted into wooden boats and guided through all the enclaves.
I could carry on and on and on...so for now I will end by saying...visiting this place has been this year's highlight. And I would recommended this hotel to anyone looking for beauty, history, accommodation, the professionalism of the staff, first class service, sun/sea/amazing fresh fish/food!!!
Thank you so much Sakis...your hotel is magnificent. Keep on being yourself and offering your guests the best service ever.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hui S
Reviewed 4 June 2016 via mobile

When you are staying in front of the blue sea and you can enjoy the beautiful sunset every evening I think there is nothing more to ask...and if you want to swim ...you only have to take some stairs to reach the sea...traditional Greek breakfast and an excellent host... if they resolve some WiFi issues then I think there will be nothing more to complain for...

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple