“Nice starters; good service”
Review of Il Castello

Il Castello
Reserve with
Il Castello is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 7 Restaurants in Capestrano
Price range: US$17 - US$41
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 26 November 2016

First visit to this restaurant, despite having been through Capestrano pretty often.

We stopped in with the intention of getting pizzas to take out, but it was getting later in the evening, so we stayed for dinner instead. The pizzas were OK, but not exceptional.

However, we really enjoyed the starters; a bowl of saute'd liver was very tasty, and also quite a decent-sized serving. I was thinking that I would happily take that as a main course. I like liver, but one doesn't see it on Abruzzese menus very often, so that was a welcome discovery. My wife had a fish and chickpea soup; sounds odd, but it too was very nice, the chickpeas adding a bit of thickening to the soup. We felt that the soup as a starter and the liver as a main course would be a perfectly god meal (in terms of quantity), and both dishes were really nice.

I would add that the wine list didn't show house wine available by the carafe, but only listed bottles, mainly from local cantinas. However, it is available, (and as ever, cheaper than the bottled wine even if local).

All-in-all, a pleasant evening, underpinned with attentive but not intrusive service. We'll be back!

Augusto D, Direttore at Il Castello, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Dear the jock diplomat,
we are really excited about what we read .. We are also very attached to your country so we are delighted to! Let me add that I do not judge the tastes of others, but at the same time I inform you that the ingredients for the pizza dough are highly digestible and healthy,
Without adding fats that may make the pizza look better.
Thank you very much, all the staff!

Reviewed 25 November 2016 via mobile

Went for the pizza and others had the lamb. Really nice place, just surprised to find a restaurant in Capistrano.

Augusto D, Direttore generale at Il Castello, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2017

Thank for your visit, hope see you soon at my restaurant.
Enjoy.

Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

Was out motor biking for the day, seemed like a nice village to visit,
Had some good reviews, never tried crayfish before.

Started with bean and trout soup which was astonishing, and crayfish Flambé which was even better.
I'm looking for an excuse to drive by this place again so I can stop for lunch
Friendly staff good price lovely town no faults

1  Thank rufio87
Reviewed 2 October 2015

We've eaten at this restaurant 3 times. they serve great typical foods from the region. its always friendly and fresh.

Reviewed 13 September 2015

We went there for the aperitivo on 2 occasions. It's a nice terrace (and the only one that was open in Capestrano on a friday in september). They do an OK Spritz and we were offered some potato chips and small sandwiches to go with out Spirtz and beers.

Augusto D, Direttore generale at Il Castello, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2016

Gentile Esther,
I want to thank you for your recension. So, i would like to invite you to visit our restaurant as the bar has been closed.
Hope to see you soon, Yours sincerely.