“Good time to be had”
Review of Diggerland

More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Diggerland is The Ultimate Adventure Theme Park Experience where children and adults alike can ride, drive and operate REAL diggers, dumpers and other full- size construction machinery. Diggerland is the perfect destination for action, fun and thrill packed family days out. Fun for all ages (subject to height restrictions), Diggerland with its 20 different rides and drives and an array of additional activities is the ideal theme park for small to large groups looking for something exciting and truly unique. Get to grips with real JCBs and 180/360 excavators, take a head-reeling turn or two on the Spindizzy, rise to lofty heights and enjoy the views on the Skyshuttle, enjoy an off-road ride on the Groundshuttle, or have a go on the Dodgems and Go-Karts!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We visited in the middle of may with my 3 boys 15, 10 and 8. When arriving I thought we had the wrong place as it didn't look like a theme park but that's because the same company hire out jcb's etc.
We had pre booked tickets which saves a fair bit so I would definitely recommend doing that. We arrived just before opening at 10am and it was great as there were only a dozen other families so no waiting to go on anything. The diggers seemed to be the most popular with my kids, though they were upset that a few of the things they could not do because of hight restrictions ,- had to be over 1,40m But that is a safety, still made them mope as they could see. I'm not sure what I was expecting when we went to diggerland but for the price I did expect it to be larger. It's 3 long paths with things to do on each side but for £80 entry for a family of 4 I'm sorry I was expecting more .as I said the kids did enjoy them selves but we're board by 2 pm after being on many of the rides numerous times. Unless your child is an avid lover of tractors then it's probably not going to be an all day thing. Expect to have to accompany your child on some of the rides due to hight restrictions unless you have tall kids or teens. Over all yes we had a good time but would not go back as I think the pricing is way above what it should be.

All reviews
"an indoor play area"
"soft play"
in 18 reviews

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

Brilliant day out. The staff are exceptional. Very friendly and polite and enthusiastic. Some families were trying to push on but th staff managed this as best they could. Great experience for young and old.

Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

Visited Diggerland Durham today and had a fantastic time although the site is fairly small there was so much to keep us all going our age ranges were from 2 to 55
The staff although many were young were very helpful and took the time to explain everything Jordan on the joy rider was very patient with my grandson ( age 11 ) who has autism. Also Miles/Jade/Tom/And Jamie were very helpful I would like to thank all the staff by name but to many to mention I would also like to thank the management Mark and Jen for their hard work keeping the park clean tidy and for there helpfulness we will be back next year

Once again thanks to Management and ALL the staff for a fantastic day

Reviewed 29 April 2018

Not the best of the digger land parks but no matter which you go to they are just such great fun, we always have a great time their but unlike most theme parks you can really only send 2-3 hours here because their is not too much and it is never very busy, most you will queue is 15 minites, hope this helps

1  Thank David W
DiggerlandUK, Guest Relations Manager at Diggerland, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2018

Hello David,

Thank you for your 4* review.

We're pleased to hear that you enjoyed your day out to Diggerland Durham.

We sincerely hope to see you again soon.

Best wishes,

See more reviews
Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

We spent the day at Diggerland for my sons 5th birthday. We had a brilliant day!
The staff were an absolute credit to the place, all young but very well trained in their jobs and all had excellent manners and people skills, particularly great with children which makes a real difference as a kids attraction. They go above and beyond to be friendly but not patronising or pushy. The attraction is well organised, there’s ample parking. The on-site cafe is very reasonably priced and I’d thoroughly recommend the place to young families looking for an action packed fun day out. Thank you!

Hello there,

Thank you for your wonderful 4* review.

We're delighted to hear that your son had a brilliant time celebrating his 5th birthday.

We will be sure to pass on your wonderful comments regarding our staff members at Diggerland Durham.

We sincerely hope to see you again soon for lots more fun!

Best wishes,