“Very quiet and comfortable stay!”
Quite beach fronting building Sunrise from apartment 707
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Quite beach fronting building
Sunrise from apartment 707
View from 707 of Ocean
Panoramic view of living area from entry
Panoramic view of living area from lanai
Double bed in alcove
Queen bed in living area
Remodeled bathroom with tub.
Bath vanity with washer/dryer in background
Kitchen with entry to right
Entrance to apartment
Koolau Mountain range  view from entry
Punaluu from Koolau Mountain Ridge
Pool
Fresh water pool
Fitness Room
Fitness Room
Punaluu Sunrise
Punaluu Moonrise
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 35 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
shell a
“Very quiet and comfortable stay!”
Reviewed 21 November 2016 for a stay in October 2015

Very nice and clean condo with everything you need!
We enjoyed our stay very much!
Thank you for sharing your condo with us!

6 Jun 2017
Aloha, We hope you will visit us again. Mahalo for the care you gave our special place.
catenav01
North Pole, Alaska
“Very peaceful and beautiful view!”
Reviewed 5 March 2016 for a stay in March 2016

Very nice apartment with enough room to sleep 2 adults and 2 children (or 3 adults). Gorgeous view! Contained all the necessities including some beach/water equipment! Stocked with basic kitchen items and paper goods. Even had enough laundry detergent packs though I recommend bringing some if you use a lot of towels! Didn't have fabric softener/dryer sheets so that could be a "need".
Follow directions and instructions from the managers. Security very strict on parking and "public" area use. We brought a GPS for our rental car which made navigation all over the island very easy. Give yourself plenty of time when traveling around - very heavy traffic morning, evening and weekends - think "island slow."

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Very easy access to all of north shore oahu, by rental car or bus!
Liked least: Very nice lawn area between bldg and ocean but beach is fairly narrow and steep so not alot of
Friends getaway Older travelers
6 Mar 2016
Aloha, We are so glad you enjoyed your stay in our Apartment 707 with the awesome views of the ocean. We hope you will visit us again and send us nice guests like you. Mahalo, Jeanette
Jay D
Boston, Massachusetts
“Detailed Description of Experience”
Reviewed 9 February 2016 for a stay in August 2015
people found this review helpful

I contacted Jeanette in early May regarding 3 nights from August 24 -27. They received check on May 9th for $200 as a deposit. The balance of $402 was to be made before 30 days prior to our arrival. The links in the email saying "windward-oah.com" do not work. The apartment is off Kam Highway (Route 83). I sent final payment out on August 7th and was received August 10th. Email was sent outlining parking key, where to park, check-in/check-out times, Wi-Fi password, private landline number, how to receive refund of security deposit, nearby supermarkets, quiet times and a number to reach them.

When we arrived we drove about 45 - 1 hour to get to the apartment from the airport. It is way north and the road took us through a scenic route. The building is a few stories high and looks like it was built in the 60s. There are a few bugs crawling around because it's a tropical island (this is noted in the email regarding pest issues). The apartment has two beds, one guest and one that is much bigger in the living room area which is shared with a kitchen. There's a balcony overlooking the water. There's a bathroom and lots of different amenities for the beach and cooking. We bought plenty of food and we were able to find all the utensils we needed to cook. In addition, the masks and fins came in handy when we went to Hanauma Bay. Plus there were chairs which we were able to use (albeit some were falling apart and unusable). There is washer/dryer that you can use if you'd like, but I don't we used it.

We went during hurricane galore season and one hurricane after the other kept closely brushing against the islands. Boy it was humid (last time we went it was December 3 years earlier). There is a ceiling fan and another standing fan in the living room area. I borrowed another small fan from the guest bedroom area to help cool us. Since we were on the 7th floor, heat rises. We never stayed in the apartment past 9 o'clock because it was suffocating. When we got home by 9pm it was still incredibly hot and we opened up the sliding doors next to the bed to cool us off and blasted all three fans. The standing fan doesn't work well, so the ceiling fan and small one helps us to cool down by 10 or 11.

The bed is rough and hard (we sleep on a Sleep To Live mattress from Sleepy's), but it was easy for me to sleep once I was able to cool down from the fans. The ocean didn't keep me awake. The décor in the room may not be modern, but I didn't mind.

Overall, I was content with living in the apartment for the few days I was there. It is a long way to go to Waikiki. Yes, it's probably 35 minutes at night with no traffic. Otherwise you are looking at an hour or more. Still I didn't mind and being that you are in a high rise building you get to see the mountains and sunset outside of apartment. We did not go down to the ocean because during the hurricanes it rained a lot and there was so much runoff from the erosion of the mountains. The water was dirty and we weren't sure about bacteria and any animals that may have been washed into the ocean. It looks like you could wade in the water, but don't expect to swim as the water looked a little rough.

The emails I sent to Jeanette once I got there went unanswered. I sent four emails on August 25th, but did not receive a response. On September 23rd, I sent an email inquiring about the security deposit. On September 24th I received a response saying "sorry, for taking so long to get the $100 security deposit back to you." I did receive the deposit a few days later. Therefore, I must have spent $502 for three nights. $75 cleaning fee and taxes are included in the amount I quoted I paid.

I give it 3 out of 5 because of the heat on the seventh floor and because the location is not horrible, but I found another spot closer to Waikiki on Oahu when we returned 15 days later. This place could use some updating, AC and email responses when someone has a question. For the money I paid I thought it was pretty good though, plus we got all the amenities we needed which saved us even more money. Thanks again for the stay!

Liked best: The fans
Liked least: No A/C in the main room
Friends getaway
15 Dec 2016
Aloha, So sorry your visit came the same time we had hurricane (humid) weather, as a rule there is gentle tradewinds blowing especially on the 7th floor . I always answer my emails so the email address had to be wrong, as was the link missing the u on oahu at windward-oahu.com . So glad you made the most of your stay and I am sorry the weather was not better. Aloha, Jeanete
Sunflower...
Salt Lake City, UT
“Good price for an Oceanfront Condo”
Reviewed 13 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015

This building, this condo and its decor and kitchen equipment are somewhat dated and tired, except for the bathroom, which has recently been remodeled. The studio was very clean. Would have been nice to have a small couch or upholstered chair, but there really isn't room for one, considering that this studio has 2 beds: one in the front, with a lot of street noise, and the other in the back, with the wonderful sound and view of the ocean. Nice lanai! Good rental price for an oceanfront studio!

Bathroom cleanliness
Liked best: The ocean view
Liked least: Lack of comfortable seating
Older travelers
14 Jan 2016
Aloha, Thank you for your comments and suggestions. Glad you enjoyed the ocean views, sounds and price.
Greg K
“Excellent Value Right on the Ocean”
Reviewed 12 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015
person found this review helpful

My wife and I enjoyed our stay in Apartment 707 and would come back again without hesitation. In my opinion, the accommodations were an excellent value for the price. The unit is on the 7th floor overlooking the ocean and with the sliding door open you can hear the soothing sound of the tide ebbing and flowing beneath your window and enjoy the trade winds blowing. During our stay last week of July, the Island was experiencing record heat and the Trade Winds did not blow the first 2 nights of the trip. This weather was unusual and not optimal for staying in a unit that does not include air conditioning. Having said that, ceiling fans are included in each room and stand up fans are also included. With the fans we still slept comfortably, in spite of the record heat and the trade winds taking a break! Therefore, I found this condo to be very comfortable and enjoyed a good night sleep on the queen bed the owner indicated was recently added to upgrade the futon; that was there previously.
Yes, much has been said in prior posts about the sewer smell in the parking lot but we did NOT experience it on the 7th floor in the condo ever during our stay. Only did we smell it briefly when we went downstairs to the parking area to pick up our car. No big deal.
The elevator only was out of service 1 time briefly during our week long stay. Easy access to the ocean, literally steps away from the Condo. We enjoyed evening and morning walks on the ocean with the easy access.
We did not hear the neighbors on either side the entire week we were there, and people were very friendly walking around the complex and on condo beach.
The owner provides very easy to understand instructions for obtaining the key, condo operation and the directions were very easy to follow.
I would refer unit 707 to my family and friends without hesitation and am looking forward to my next visit to beautiful Punalu'u and the North Shore.

Liked best: Proximity to the Ocean
Liked least: No air conditioning in the unit (however, it appeared that very few units had air)
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
14 Jan 2016
Aloha, We are so glad you enjpyed your stay at our special place Apartment 707 in the Pats at Punaluu Condo. I appreciate the great details you gave about the area and the friendly people at Pats. We hope you will visit us again....sorry about the heat spell we had when you were here...as a rule we have gentle tradewinds blowing all the time. Mahalo
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing