“Very nice”

Price range: US$6 - US$28
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Queens is a beautiful country inn serving up to 5 great tasting real ales, fine wines & spirits and delicious home cooked meals freshly prepared by our kitchen team.
Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

Came here with my husband for a birthday tea and can honestly say we thoroughly enjoyed it we got the Cumberland sausage and the steak pie both were very tasty and would definitely return.

Reviewed 8 July 2018

Visited on Sat for lunch and to watch the match. Had a screen set up in the dining room (sounds wasn't brilliant but ok). We had lunch - all of us had the steak pie. It was delicious. Chips so tasty served with peas and a tasty gravy. Generally found staff friendly and nothing was too much trouble. Lovey space outside to sit too. Really lovely pub that serves great food.

1  Thank debsy42_10
Reviewed 4 July 2018

Stopped here on the recommendation of a friend. Nice pub and it could be a lovely beer garden if you had more tables and with umbrellas as it gets the sun. The food was good and good prices. Yes, i would stop here again.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 3 July 2018

We live local to this establishment and booked a table to celebrate my 23 year old daughter passing her final medical exams at university. On the afternoon before arriving they rang to advise that their card machines were not working and if we wanted to attend we would need to bring cash - fair enough these things happen but nevertheless inconvenient. On arrival we were shown a table and our order was taken by a waitress who it was almost impossible to understand what she was saying. One hour later our starters still had not arrived so my wife went to the bar to complain. Within minutes we had our starters but then had to wait a further 40 minutes for our main course to arrive. When this arrived we were asked whether we would like some more drinks and at this point my daughter was challenged regarding her age despite having already been served earlier in the evening with a large glass of red wine. All in all we had a dreadful experience which ruined our daughters special night with her family. Clearly the management don't have a clue what customer service is and we will never go back which I told the lad who was serving behind the bar and was totally out of his depth.

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We had a family reunion first we waited 1 hour 10 mins for good to arrive. We asked for water 4 times and ended up getting it ourselves. The chicken arrived with salad only lettuce asked for tomatoes none came. Had crumble and tiniest pot of custard asked for more none came what a surprise. We received out coffee before our desert. I asked to speak to management he declined to come out of thekitchen so I deducted from the bill what I thought and paid the rest. The owner offered to call me but failed so I rang him he actually didn't want to know. He deserves to loose his business as we will never go back.

Date of visit: June 2018