“Nice but staff lacked charm”
Review of Orton Grange Cafe

Orton Grange Cafe
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Description: Our food is simple and tasty. We do ploughman's lunches using the best quality cheese and ham, toasted sandwiches, home-made soup, quiches and cakes. Most are accompanied by our delicious salads. We have a range of drinks, both soft and alcoholic, as well as a range of Fairtrade teas and coffees. Orton Grange Café is open the same hours as our shop: 1000 to 1700 Mondays to Saturdays and 1100 to 1600 on Sundays. We're closed on Bank Holidays except Good Friday. Please note that last orders in the cafe are 30 minutes before we close.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Visited the Thursday before Easter with my family, despite being very busy we found a table to eat lunch, being it shared as there was only a couple sitting at a large table seating 8!!

The food was nice, plentiful and reasonably priced but the staff could have been more pleasant and welcoming, the lady on the till was a little rude and grumpy no pleasantry’s just a ‘yes table number’ and when I asked if I could have a toasted sandwich with soup I was told ‘no not at the same price’ I wouldn’t have expected it to have been at the same price!!

My little boy loved the fact he could see the tractors and the cows at the farm out of the upstairs windows.

1  Thank skinnyzebra

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

On our way to Carlisle my mom and I stopped here for a leg stretch. The food in the shop was amazing and we left with several bags of it. I loved the fact that there were samples of their sausages for you to try before you bought them and thought at one point we would be asked to leave as I kept helping myself to them. We decided to go for a drink and a snack in the cafe and weren't disappointed. Service is a bit slow and our drinks did arrive at the same time as our food but this wasn't a problem. The parsnip and sweet potato soup in gorgeous.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Lovely cafe and gift shop friendly staff in clean and homely enviroment . Food is delicious and well worth a vusit

Reviewed 15 December 2017

My wife is a regular here with its comfy sofas, good coffee and free wifi; and I always enjoy the occasional outings I make for light lunches.
Thank you.

Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

The food was good, the service was a little lacking and the ambience was acceptable for a cafe.
Worth a visit.