“Luxury on the farm”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

johnnyboy...
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Luxury on the farm”
Reviewed 20 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017

I stayed at the lodge for Easter weekend 2017. The whole place is absolutely immaculate and I could not believe that it had been open for a few years as everything looked brand new. As a very special touch, Adele the owner had left us a hamper full of local goodies that was not expected but very appreciated. I will not spoil the surprise of this as I think she leaves a basket for every stay (though I suspect ours was extra special as it was Easter) but needless to say, it was an extremely thoughtful touch.

The lodge is situated next to a farm and I think that if your party has children, they will love this as they can get a close up look of the animals if they wish. I was particularly impressed by the high spec of the applicances which included a bottle fridge, coffee machine, free fast wifi and of course, a great hot tub.

There is loads to explore in the surrounding area and I was particularly impressed by Carlisle which is definitely a hidden gem.

Overall far exceeded all of our expectations, I don't think I've ever experienced a level of cleanliness and attention to detail like this before; even in luxury hotels!

Thank you Adele for making our Easter weekend extra special.

22 Apr 2017
Thank you very much for your exceptional review, we are delighted you enjoyed you stay & your extra special Easter present & look forward to your return.
Owen & Adele Taylor
Carole K
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Just What We Needed”
Reviewed 22 February 2017 for a stay in February 2017

Needed a last minute break to get away from it all and we found the perfect place. Booked one day, arrived the next to find our home from home for the next 7 nights. We have stayed in many lodges but have never received a welcome pack, like the one that greeted us on our arrival, I won't spoil the surprises but you will not be disappointed!! The lodge has everything you could need, a pleasant surprise opening the drawers and cupboards. Soft white fluffy towels and a huge comfy bed and comfy pillows. The hot tub was great, although the weather was against us, we made the most of it, as often as we could. Good area for exploring but also a great base for much needed r & r. The owners Mr & Mrs Taylor were very helpful without being intrusive. Many thanks for a great stay, I'm sure we will try and get back.

23 Feb 2017
Thank you for your lovely comments, alas the weather is out of our control, hopefully better on your return its ony February!
Many thanks Mr & Mrs Taylor
aprilhead...
livingston scotland
“I would swap my house for this lodge!”
Reviewed 30 January 2017 for a stay in January 2017

Just back from an amazing stay at this fantastic lodge, I was taken as a surprise from my partner and what a surprise it was. We were made to feel so welcome the lodge itself was stunning and the personal gifts were lovely. The owners even went out there way to accommodate my food requirements. The little treats made it so special and the hot tub was the icing on the cake, it was so enjoyable we even stayed an extra night! Would recommend for any couples to get away, close to Gretna shopping centre and a great location. Looking forward to our next visit!!!

31 Jan 2017
Thank you for your wonderful comments, we are so pleased you enjoyed your surprise!.Looking forward to your return.
Owen & Adele
Michele H
Southern Wales, United Kingdom
“what a stunning place”
Reviewed 30 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016

Location central to places to visit.where do i start about the lodge, arrived 23rd dec and left 2nd jan, what a welcome we had,christmas tree all decorated,christmas hamper,flowers. champagne waiting for us,what a high standard of everything there,wouldnt change a thing absolutely amazing.Although the main house of the owners was really close,Adele and Owen left you to it and was always on hand if needed loved every minute of it, would love to return at summertime
Adele and Owen

31 Jan 2017
Thank you for your fabulous comments, lovely to meet you & look forward to your return.
Owen & Adele
Nicola H
“Exceeded Our Expectations”
Reviewed 15 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016

We went to Pheasant lodge to celebrate our 20th Wedding anniversary so we wanted it to be somewhere nice. Needless to say we were not disappointed. Mrs Taylor emailed to confirm our booking and also called. We arrived on the Monday to the fantastic autumn scenery. Mrs Taylor was there to meet us and took us straight to the lodge where we were very impressed by the quality and the attention to detail from the great hamper to the complimentary fruit and even down to the sonos sound system. The hot tub was the icing on the cake. Both Mr and Mrs Taylor were charming and very helpful. I would recommend Pheasant lodge as an ideal get away for anyone.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Peace and quiet
Liked least: There was nothing to complain about
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
15 Nov 2016
We are so pleased you enjoyed you recent visit & hope to see you again.
Mr & Mrs Taylor
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing