All reviews cross iron mills ham hot tub a great stay breakfast lady staff was very friendly and helpful room was spacious and clean great hotel min drive pool beds kids door mall concern noise toilet
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed for two nights as I had a family gathering in NE Calgary. I am not a “city” person and therefore really appreciated a hotel out of town.

The room was spacious and clean, included a small fridge and microwave and the most comfortable bed I have ever stayed in a hotel.

My only complaints are the pool area and the breakfast zone. I really wish hotels would implement a “quiet time” for adults. I would have liked to relax in the hot tub more but every time I ventured to the pool area it was full of screaming kids. As for breakfast they never put enough seating in for the number of guests. Both mornings it was almost impossible to get a place to sit for breakfast.

Otherwise a great little hotel in a good location.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Elise S, General Manager at Days Inn Calgary North Balzac, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2018

Great suggestion about quiet time or adults only time for the pool!
I will look at implementing that, especially in the upcoming corporate season!

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Gave hotel second chance after not so good stay on May Long Weekend. Please disregard May 20 review about not good for teams or kids. Group was way too loud and let the kids run amok running through and banging on doors then blamed staff for the kids getting stuck in elevator. Come on take some responsibility!! They setup in breakfast room for an evening pizza party by front desk rather than meeting room making it unbearable to be anywhere other than our room. Staff were overwhelmed and understandibly stressed by the noise .Fathers Day Visit with my 3 kids in June was way more serene! Turns All Staff are friendly and helpful to kids and I.
Front entry and breakfast room is still too loud probably due to all the hard flat surfaces found in modern hotels.
Everything was great especially HD TV service and fast internet. online gaming via my Xbox worked great for kids.
Minus a star for noisy common areas congested breakfast area, no kuerig coffee machine in room, lack of vending machine choice.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for your second review and for giving us a second try!
For your next stay, our suites do have Keurig machines, please be sure to book one of our four types of suites.
Also feel free to contact me with some suggestions for additions to our snack shop that would appeal to more midnight snackers!

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

My husband and I came to the Days Inn Balzac to shop at the Cross Iron Mills mall from Sunday to Thursday. The hotel staff was welcoming and friendly-front desk, breakfast lady and pool lady. The hotel was clean the entire time and since the hotel was busy the weekend before they had to clean the pool so advised it would be closed 2 days. (Better a clean safe pool than let it get out of hand) one day we drove into Calgary and shopped at the Chinook center-this is an easy 30-40 min drive from this hotel location.
We drive into Airdrie just to look at a couple other hotels but are confident we will be back here for sure!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Great to read this review about our convenient location to shopping! I appreciate your understanding about the safety and cleanliness of the pool, we do keep our guests best interest in mind and only close the pool when absolutely necessary. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

This hotel is beautiful and new. The staff is very friendly and the continental breakfast is the best one I’ve ever had. The pool is nice just a little small. The rooms are very noisy, when someone flushed a toilet it sounds like the walls are going to explode. And I’m not even sure what all the other noises are. It’s rights behind Calgary Downs racetrack, Costco and like a 2 min drive to Crossiron mills mall.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Hello Sunshine Mack,

Thank you for your review- glad to hear you enjoyed our hot buffet breakfast and that our staff took good care of you. Thank you for letting us know about the noise issue, as a new property we do have some kinks to work through, like adjusting noise barrier doors etc. We hope youll come back and visit soon.

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

This hotel should advertise as an adults only hotel. If you are booking for any kind of group that has kids, do not stay at this hotel. Our hockey team booked this hotel for 3 nights some of us 4 for a spring hockey tournament. Many in our group were made to feel unwelcome. The two women working front desk for check in during the evening of Thurs May 17 were not at all welcoming. I felt schooled on the expectations of their “quiet time at 10:00” within 5 minutes of arriving. I got the impression that they were not looking forward to having our hockey team arrive.

The next night we had 15 boys from our team (all 9-10 years old) in the pool area. There were other kids not belonging to the team in the pool too. One of the front desk women (one of the women from the check in) came in and pointed to the pool and asked me if the kids in the pool were mine. I wasn’t even sure how to answer because no, the 20 kids in the pool weren’t mine! She proceeded to tell me that it was very loud in the pool area and I needed to try and keep the kids quiet. I told her it’s a pool with a lot of kids at 7:30 pm - what do you expect? The pool closes at 10:00! I really couldn’t even believe it.

The last night I asked for a late check out at the front desk and again it was this same unwelcoming woman from check in and the pool. Check out is 11:00. I asked for 12:00. I couldn’t get an answer. She said she didn’t think it would be a problem but I’d have to call in the morning to find out. I told her I wanted an answer yes or no. I was leaving for a hockey game at 7:15AM and I wanted to know if we had time to come back and check out after the game. Only then did she say yes.

We have come for 3 tournaments in Calgary/Airdrie in the past year. This was the first and last time we will stay at Days Inn in Balzac.

I should also mention there were people stuck in the elevator twice during our stay. It was no one from our group however, the one stuck on the 2nd night was a child and was in there for about an hour until maintenance could get to the hotel with the tools to get him out.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank SC545
Elise S, General Manager at Days Inn Calgary North Balzac, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2018

Hello SC545, I want to thank you for your review. I am very sorry you didn't leave our hotel feeling positive about your interactions with our staff during your stay. Out of respect for all the guests staying in our hotel, we do implement a Quiet Time, especially for groups who are congregating in halls, leaving their guestroom doors open, drinking excessively and disturbing other guests. We also encourage groups and teams to plan activities like renting a meeting space for a movie night or visiting Big Fun Play Center near us to occupy their down time, to keep noise levels down for all guests trying to enjoy their stay. Our staff do respond to noise complaints from all guests, which is probably why you, a supervising adult in the pool, were asked to help keep the noise level in the pool appropriate. We can happily accommodate late check out requests, however when an entire team is requesting the same, it creates issues for our housekeeping department, which is most easily solved in the morning time, however I'm glad our Front Desk Agent was able to satisfy your request. Our elevator is sensitive to jumping/ parkour type athletics by unsupervised minors, and does require an outside service technician to come reset it in the event of a stoppage. We are unfortunately subject to their schedule when such an issue does occur. I hope these explanations will help inform our process and I do hope you give us another try. We absolutely do welcome groups and teams who are willing to follow our simple rules and are considerate of other guests in our hotel.