“Good food”

Sunny Hunny
Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in Ortley Beach
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 23 August 2018

We love coming here the last day of our vacation for breakfast. Good food, good service. Recommend coming here.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

Have to admit this was the best eggs oscar I've ever had and I get that option as my breakfast anywhere that makes it. The hollandaise sauce was outstanding and it had just the right amount of crab on it. It's a very small place with not a lot of seating but the food is stellar. Plus, if you have kids, Elmo is waiting outside to greet you at the entrance with a balloon.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

First time eating at Sunny Hunny. The service and staff were all very friendly to start. It was a Friday and at 9am.. so it wasn’t so busy.

We ordered and shared full stack pancakes were how good old pancakes should be made. We also ordered omelette and eggs Benedict which were good. The addition of an Elmo character handing out balloons was super cute for our 3 year old daughter.

Overall, the retro feel of the space and the fluffy pancakes made this place I’d come back to!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

I grew up "right over the bridge" and have experienced many great breakfast joints..such a disappointment to try Sunny Hunny for the first time..advertises fresh veggies in everything..asked for a broccoli omelette..well done veggies..as you can see I got frozen stems..hard enough that I couldn't cut into them. Server was sweet and understanding and took it off the bill..but how do you have the nerve to hide this in an omelette???

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 9 June 2018

The restaurant is small, the perimeter is lined with booths, not the comfortable kind. There is a backroom, also small with a few additional booths and tables that can accommodate groups of six.

The staff was friendly. Our waitress was attentive, the owner (or manager) checked on us as well. Service was fast.
The food was okay. Pancakes were tasty but thin. Eggs cooked perfectly. Bacon was too crispy for my liking. Overall it was a decent meal.

Prices are on the high side but not out of line for an eatery with close proximity to the beach. They do have free parking in a lot directly across the street, that's a plus.

Date of visit: June 2018