“Oh Kajhu / Ohkajhu Farm / Organic Coffee Bus - all the same”

Ohkajhu Organic Branch
Ranked #1 of 48 Restaurants in San Sai
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 December 2017

Ohkajhu has great food of must types and styles to suit anyone at a great price. The portion size is L (I'm American).

Reviewed 17 December 2017

This is an organic restaurant, but they have something for everyone and the prices are not over-priced. My 2 favorite dishes are the baby backed ribs and the cantaloupe salad. My wife gets her Thai dishes. Ohkajhu is busy from opening to closing, but the que moves fairly quickly (I hate lines, but don't mind it here). Overall, its a great restaurant!

Reviewed 10 December 2017

I ate at Ohklaju twice, the first time was at the place where it is closer to Chiang Mai downtown, the second one was at the suburban location. They claim to grow their own organic vegetables which are then used in most of their recipes. If you visit the suburban one you can take a short tour through their organic farm. There are much variety on their menu, ranging from the appetizers, soups, salads, steak, spaghetti, and desserts. They also serve veggie organic drinks. I ordered steak for both of my visits and, frankly speaking, I found the taste was not different from other typical steak houses I have tried in Bangkok. One advantage may be the fact that the amount of food per serving was huge, both the steak and salad side dish. The price is acceptable, when compared to the quality of food and service. Staffs and waiters / waitresses were attentive and helpful. One thing I don't really understand at all is the waiting queue. Don't get surprised if you see many people waiting in front of the place waiting to be seated, and if you are informed that there are 40-50 queues in front of you. Like I mentioned earlier, for the place that serves typical menus like steaks, soups, and spaghetti, I do not know why this place is so popular, especially among tourists. Anyways, they seem to have quite a good queuing management, so it will be a first-come-first-serve basis. If you have never been here, then I suggest you should give it a try. Does it worth the wait?....well....I don't think so.

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Well located organic farm restaurant which grows all its own salad ingredients on site.
Very popular with many Thai families with several dining areas on 2 levels.
Wide selection of Thai and some Western dishes together with many fascinating fresh health drinks.
The spare ribs are particularly delicious with lots of lovely salad ingredients and sauces available in two sizes to suit all appetites.
There are also many chicken, pork, duck and vegetarian dishes.
Can be busy but lots of parking available.
You can also walk round where the salad stuff is cultivated under cover.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

The food serve in big potion so it a good deal to come with many people the you can test and finish a few dish.

Date of visit: October 2017