“Not good for motorhomes”

Croft Farm Water Park
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Pros- staff friendly and helpful, and the site is in a pretty location next to a water sport facility.
Cons-1)Shower blocks absolutely freezing, one had no heating on at all although it appeared newly built, the other was bearly warm. When I mentioned it was freezing (to the owner I think)the reply I got was ‘that one over there is warmer’ not I’ll get it fixed/turned on I got the impression he was economising as I overheard some staff saying to another camper who was complaining they couldn’t understand what was going on with regard to the heating. The freezing shower block also was surrounded by grass and due to the amount of rain was like a quagmire and a dangerous slipping hazard. The reply when mentioned was ‘it’s a job that’ll be done’ It should have been done when built if you were at all concerned about your customers!
2) the site for motorhomes /caravans was extremely cramped they are packed in like sardines everyone seemed to have difficulty getting on/off their pitches particularly if there were campers already next to them. The pitches should be able to take an awning but if you put one up next to a motor home you can’t get off the pitch.
3)it’s definately not geared up for motorhomes the water tap which luckily was next to our van (not shown on their map) would have been next to useless had we not been next to it, as manoeuvring the motorhome off the pitch to get to the tap once our awning was up would have been impossible the tap was suitable for caravans who have an aqua roll but not for motorhomes. Also for the same reason getting to the grey waste point (not on the map) would have impossible, as we were only there 3 days we managed to wait but the track to it was also very tight and flooded.
4) there is no shop on site even for basics like bread/milk etc. The website stated that this was because supermarkets were close by. This is fine for caravanners who have a vehicle but for motorhomes it’s not convenient and for those who are basically penned in due to restricted access it’s impossible.
5) the clubhouse/bar is very tired, and could easily be a lot better. We visited 2 days and there was hardly anyone in there, we visited for the day years ago for an event and it’s hasnt changed at all.

If you are in one of the lodges self catering with a car then I’m sure the site is fine. However, if you are a motorhomer or caravaner I wouldn’t recommend this site and will not return.

1  Thank Y C
Martin N, Owner at Croft Farm Water Park, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

As owner of Croft Farm Water Park, I will respond to the review written by YC.
This review was expected as she was very vocal in her complaints whilst on site, so I will not be answering each individual point.
I am pleased to say many other customers were sympathetic to the terrible weather we experienced over Easter and most said they would return in better weather.

Alan Newell

"croft farm"
in 41 reviews
"sunday evening"

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

Absolutely stunning brand new lodge kitted out with everything you could wish for.
Hot tub was immense with great advice from the owner to start the week off. Great views over water sports lake.
At dusk we got the pleasure of watching thousands of starlings flying in murmaration.
We visited coombe court and pershore and clearwater caves whilst we stayed here. All worth a trip out to.
Thank you again for our weeks relaxation for our family break away.

2  Thank ranywwfc
Reviewed 31 January 2018

Stayed here a few times now and we always have a hard standing pitch on the banks of the lake. Good shower and toilet blocks and great dog exercise area which is fenced in to allow your pet to run around off lead.Nice walk along the river where you can get the water taxi into Tewksbury. Well recommended if your in this part of the country.

Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

We decided to take a break in the Elm lodge as we are travelling with our cat, which normally for whatever reason people are funny about, which I don’t understand as they are clean and very well behaved. So I was very pleased and the Lodge is really top class , very warm, and everything you need.
Great area only 20 mins from Cheltenham, which is lovely and great fish and chip shop down the road.
Very private and peaceful only the sound of the ducks and geese on the lake.
We had a small issue with some noise from some hot tub users late at night, Richard called the next day and was so friendly and apologetic, then the following day the owner Alan called and offered us free use of the hot tub, you can not put a price on that sort of care and commitment, wanting you to be happy in your stay, as I know I travel a lot.
Highly recommend and will be telling all my friends, hope the new lodges will be a great success.