All reviews attention to detail cape town complimentary treats main building drawing room swimming pool amazing service rooms are spacious executive suite out of this world champagne bar could not have been more residential suburb overlooking the garden amazing hotel a real treat high quality
Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

We won a nights stay at the Andros at a charity function and we loved loved loved our stay. It was a beautiful day so on arrival we went straight to the pool. The cushions on the deck chairs are the best! Pool was a little bit cold because the area gets a good mix of shade and sun.

There is a conservatory with complimentary sweets, snacks and fruit infused water, a drawing room and a sun room with complimentary gin and tonics, various brands or whisky, port, Cognac and brandy. It was such fun building our own gin and tonics from the different flavors of local and international Gins and different kinds of Tonics and mixers.

Lunch we had the bacon, blue cheese, avo salad which was delicious!
And breakfast was the Greek with bacon, halloumi avo and poached egg. Amazing!

The rooms are beautiful and have all what you would expect.

First prize is the wonderful staff who looked after us so well. Thank you to everyone for a very special weekend.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
switchm, Director at The Andros Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Kelly F

Thank you for your truly wonderful review of The Andros.
Yes, our pool cushions are indeed 'large and puffy' which allows for a long lazy afternoon at the pool.
We've recently launched our new breakfast menu and The Greek is one of our new morning options. We are so happy that you enjoyed this combination of flavors.

We do hope to be able to welcome you back to The Andros in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

Secluded in a residential suburb we were met by friendly staff and a tour of the main building, our room was pool facing and very comfortable. The dinner was excellent. We were able to enjoy breakfast on the terrace which was fantastic. Ticks all the boxes with calm and tranquility as well as comforts and charm. Thank you for an amazing stay.
Frederick & Anne Catherine

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
switchm, Director at The Andros Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Dear capsud2015

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to share your experience at The Andros with the TripAdvisor community.
We are truly delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do hope that you will return to The Andros in the not too distant future to afford us the privilege of looking after you again.

Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

I am not sure what I can add to all of the previous positive comments about the Andros Boutique Hotel, but I will certainly try. I have to thank TripAdvisor for helping me to choose to stay here and not at a larger hotel or one in the downtown area of Cape Town. It was a very good decision.

My husband and I, along with another couple, arrived here after a long flight from the US. From the moment Alan and Charmaine greeted us at the door until we said our goodbyes we were treated as if we were special guests in someone’s private home. And what a gracious and beautiful home it is! We did not want to leave. Even though the Andros is elegant we felt very comfortable,relaxed and welcomed. I believe the staff contributed to this atmosphere.

Arnold and Techno were always right on hand to spoil us. In fact, every person who waited on us was cheerful and genuinely eager to help make our stay the best. We spent 3 nights here and returned a few days later to spend another night as we had an early flight out in the morning. It was like coming home.

One of the reasons we chose this hotel was for its tranquil location away from the city. We were close to Kirstenbosch Gardens and Constantia (where we had an excellent dinner at Chef’s Warehouse) yet still within easy driving distance to the waterfront. Uber worked well for us.

We loved the complimentary gin and whiskey bars, baked goods, and candy that was available throughout our stay. We ate dinner our first night there and sat in the beautiful champagne bar surrounded by flowers,candlelight and the soft music that seems to be always playing in the background. The ambiance is lovely and our dinner was delicious. The guest rooms were spacious with plenty of storage. The beds were terrific. We loved all the extras touches (the heated floors, the bedside flowers, the Charlotte Rhys products).

We all agreed that this hotel was a perfect choice and will always be one of our favorites from the many trips we have taken over the years together. If you like boutique style hotels you will love staying here for sure!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
switchm, Director at The Andros Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2018

Dear Nan1210

It was an absolute joy and delight for us to note that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.
The suburb of Claremont and The Andros is indeed a tranquil oasis in an otherwise busy city.
I've relayed your kind praise to my magnificent Andros Team, we are all very happy that you felt comfortable and at home.

We do hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back to The Andros again in the future.

Thank you most sincerely for staying with us.

The Andros Team.

Reviewed 3 October 2018

Stayed here for two nights during our most recent trip to South Africa. We stayed in the Executive Suite, which I highly recommend upgrading to if it's available during your stay. We had our own pool, fireplace, fully-stocked bar, and a bathroom the size of a small apartment! The hotel is small and has a very intimate feel to it. They have recently added a library bar which features complimentary gins, brandies, and single malt scotches. This was a magnificent touch and a great place to socialize with other guests. We dined in the restaurant on one evening and had some of the best pasta outside of Italy. In addition, the hotel is only a 15-minute Uber ride into the heart of the city, so you don't have to spend all your time on-site if you don't want to. We were helpfully given a remote for the gate so that we didn't have to feel like we were disturning anyone if we came back late in the evening. Perhaps the best aspect of the hotel was the staff, who were all incredibly helpful and eager to assist with our every need, especially the manager (whose name I'm afraid I can't remember). We stayed in nearly a dozen hotels during our trip, and the Andros was right at the top.

Room Tip: The Executive Suite is worth the upgrade!
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ravi C
switchm, Director at The Andros Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2018

Dear Ravi C

Reviews such as yours reminds us why we do what we do!
Thank you most sincerely for your very kind words. We are so happy that you enjoyed our new complimentary Gin and Single Malt selection in our Drawing Room.
I've informed our kitchen brigade that you enjoyed your pasta, big smiles all round so thank you again for your review.

We do hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back to The Andros again in the very near future.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

The service, food, lodging were all exceptional. I don't think I'll ever stay at a nicer place. It is small, cozy, friendly, beautiful and made me feel special. So thankful I found them on Booking.com. The price was also soooo good with the devaluation of the Rand. I paid about $125/night. Couldn't touch the experience in the US for 3x that price. If you can book it, just do it. The breakfast itself is worth the experience. SUPER customer service from EVERY single person on staff.

Stayed: September 2018
switchm, Director at The Andros Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Dear Kim H

We are all so very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Yes, Cape Town is certainly very good value at the moment with the current exchange rate.
I'll inform my breakfast chefs that you were happy with your morning meals.
Thank you again for your very kind words.