“Taste sensation ”
Review of Salushi

Salushi
Ranked #10 of 76 Restaurants in Claremont
Reviewed 11 February 2024 via mobile

My wife and l visited tonight and experienced sushi for the first time in many a year.
We took our waiters advice on a selection of their specialty dishes and could not have been more pleaded. Our waiter was very attentive and made us feel very welcome. We washed it all down with a couple of glasses of sauvignon blanc. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: February 2024

Reviewed 25 January 2024

The best sushi in Cape Town, they do have other foods on the menu but we just cannot help ourselves with ordering sushi a platter every time we visit Salushi, which is at least once a month! Service is efficient and Grant, the owner along with the rest of the staff are always welcoming.

Date of visit: January 2024
Reviewed 2 May 2023

Amazing food and staff, we chopped and changed our large booking so much but Grant accommodated us each time, only have good things to say !! Thank you guys for an awesome experience.

Date of visit: May 2023
Reviewed 15 April 2023

This was my fourth visit over a 3 month stay in Cape Town, and each just convinced me that this is one of the best places to eat in the city area. This time there were five of us - all old friends - and this was almost my last meal in Cape Town.
We were sitting outside (our choice as the inside is quite noisy and as we all get older our hearing gets worse) but there was a heater on the wall and blankets on all the chairs and, as the power went off for load-shedding, Grant (the owner) brought out a table light with three different settings so we could all read the menu.
The food was all voted very highly by all of us - and we had a range from the menu. I stayed with my favourites (prawn and tuna nigiri with miso soup to start) but others had a green curry, a seared salmon, and some of the signature specialist sushi dishes - and many had the outstanding tempura prawns as starters.
The menu is more than a sushi place (although the sushi is really good) and others who have had the curries speak very highly of them.
The staff are excellent and the very small kitchen works overtime to keep up with the orders.
Easily the best restaurant I've been to in over 40 years of coming to (and living in) Cape Town. Give it a try!

Date of visit: April 2023
Reviewed 9 February 2023

I had been thinking about returning to Salushi for most of the past year, since leaving Cape Town. So, on the day we arrived after a 12 hour flight with some additional delays, I said that I'd like to have my first meal at Salushi - just down the road from where we stay. It was just as good as I remembered: tempura prawns and sushi (tuna and prawn) was my choice and it lived up to expectations. The rest of the party (7 in all) had tempura prawns or sushi plates or platters, and all were very happy. We sat outside on a balmy night, and the service was excellent. The owner came round and welcomed us back.

There are two major improvements: there is now a printed menu rather than the complicated on-phone offer, and the place is now licenced so there is wine and beer available.

This is probably the best place for sushi in Cape Town: I can't guarantee this as I've not tried them all - but there would have to be an outstanding place to challenge Salushi.

Date of visit: January 2023