“Run, run away!”
Review of L'insolite

L'insolite
Reviewed 28 June 2018

This very well located shack offers a perfect location to enjoy the sunset. Unfortunately the food is barely edible and the owners have no clue about customer service! When you ask for the check on the patio, you'll have to travel inside the awfully "decorated" restaurant to have your card swiped because "our WiFi is so weak that it doesn't work on the patio"!
Welcome to a French small town...

Reviewed 24 May 2017

Great place right on the edge of the port to hang out, have coffee or drinks, meals or snacks - I had breakfast there yesterday!

Reviewed 12 August 2016

We arrived here when it was almost 14:30, so pretty late to get something savoury to eat. The waiter informed in the kitchen if it was still possible and it was, only a limited choice but we were happy. Our waiter was extremely nice and also very helpful. He was interested where we came from and managed a couple of words in Flemish, which of course made us feel very welcome. My youngest daughter had a 'crêpe' and the oldest, my husband and me had a nice salad. We glanced at the menu for elaborate lunch or dinner and it looked fine too. We sat on the terrace and had a nice view on the water.

Reviewed 19 June 2016

My family love that food oyster, duct and beef especially we can taken our pet Levis with us as well the restaurant accepted pet to entry.

Reviewed 13 June 2016

Lovely food and good service. Menu quite different from when we visited before, but much nicer. Plenty of food on the plates too, I had 6 oysters for starter and my husband had the battered Calamari which was delicious. He then had Aile de Raie with rice and salad and I had the confit de canard with chips and salad. I couldn't eat all the chips so had some help!!

We couldn't manage a dessert but they did look delicious.