“A wonderful place, a wonderful holiday!”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of The Boathouse

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
The house and beach
Sunrise to front showing the balcony and sand at low tide - A perfect place for breakfast
Part of the view from the balcony
The dining table and through to the kitchen
The lounge
the beach from the top of the back garden
The house and beach
The private beach picnic area in the garden to the side of the Boathouse
The Boathouse and driveway showing parking to the rear
Part of the view from the balcony with the tide out
Breakfast on the balcony
The Annex, by arrangement,  (second) shower room, accessed via its own entrance
Sunbeams on the driveway
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Sarah M
Worcester, United Kingdom
“A wonderful place, a wonderful holiday!”
Reviewed 17 March 2014 for a stay in March 2014

This is the second year that we have been to the boathouse and both have been fabulous experiences. The accommodation is beautiful, clean, full of everything you might want in the kitchen, excellent internet and extensive TV selections (good for the rainy days!) and most of all wonderfully warm.
I went with extended family and small children, who loved the proximity of the beach - which is very child friendly. The owner is easily contactable and incredibly helpful with any enquires and sends extensive notes to make sure you have all the information about the place before you arrive.
Don' t worry about getting your car down the road or parking, I drove my seven seater people carrier down, easily used the turning circle, and parked with enough room for people to get out both sides and for other cars to pass. The welcome basket on arrival is always seasonal and generous, there is plenty of extra bedding and a washer/dryer to sort out those wet clothes. A beautiful, welcoming holiday destination with, unquestionably, the best views around. We are already planning for next years visit!

Liam C
Liverpool
“A well planned Birthday Suprise - and what a winner.”
Reviewed 26 February 2014 for a stay in February 2014
person found this review helpful

Unlike laurajay83 I did carry out some research before booking The Boathouse as I didn't want the family members coming along to be disappointed with their weekend away, I needn't have been concerned in the slightest though as the 1 & 3 bed cottages we rented were fabulous, with marvellous attention to detail and with every comfort provided including well equipped kitchens and spotless rooms.
The location is also superb with a safe clean beach on you're doorstep, everyone in our large party would revisit I'm sure, so who's turn is it next ? Thanks all for coming and Book me in now !!!
Many Thanks to Kevin the owner .

Liked best: Location & Property
Liked least: Nothing.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
Laurajay8...
“Home from home, heaven.”
Reviewed 25 February 2014 for a stay in February 2014
person found this review helpful

Me and my family have just returned from the boat house, the trip was not planed by me so I hadn't researched the property, what a delightful surprise. Firstly the small town of lambedrog is beautiful with a quaint church, breathtaking art gallery and a fabulous little shop. The beach is clean and full of wildlife and the woodland walks are challenging but totally worth the trek! We hired both houses and found them both immaculate, saying this though the boat house is not high end accommodation it's not all clean-lines and mod-cons, it's a home! It's iconic,breathtaking and feels like real Wales including the daffodils that were in our living room. The real coal fire in the smaller house was a fantastic addition and something my elderly grandmother really enjoyed. The location is the real show stopper you are literally at the edge of the earth and when the tide is high the sounds of the sea truly wash all troubles away. We are quite adventurous as a family and enjoyed rides out in the dinghy and a game of rounders on the nearby field. My only down side was that we weren't there long enough!! Beautiful beautiful beautiful.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Hayley S
Endon, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
Reviewed 1 January 2014 for a stay in April 2013
person found this review helpful

I have never written a review before but have just come across the trip advisor reviews of the Boathouse and felt the need to add my views - particularly in view of the one negative review I read!!!

The Boathouse is in the most idyllic place you could imagine and you immediately forget your 'everyday' life. When the tide is in you do feel as if you are floating and the weather seems to have no impact as on good days you enjoy the outdoors but on bad days, you just sit and enjoy all the benefits of being on the beach but without the cold and wind!! I can't tell you how many times we have sought a local restaurant but then decide to cook at the Boathouse and enjoy the best view in town.

We have seen the dolphins in the bay during all but one of our holidays and there is always something new to see and enjoy. The gallery and open air theatre are fabulous - and just at the top of the lane. The village is unspoilt and the locals are so friendly and make you feel very much at home.

We have now stayed at the Boathouse on four occasions and will return as many times as possible. We find the amenities perfect for a beach holiday home and have nothing negative to say. The only thing we would change would be to add another bathroom or toilet hence the only area I have not scored the highest possible. I would add that the support from the owner (before and after your holiday) - is the best you will ever find. The owner works hard to maintain standards - replacing beds and equipment regularly. On one occasion we found that one of the four elements on the toaster did not work - out of courtesy we mentioned it to the cleaner and to our surprise a new toaster was provided within hours. Nothing is too much trouble for the owner or the housekeeper and I have not come across the same level of service for any other holiday home.

Like one of the previous reviewers - I feel that my review will just encourage more people to go there and I would prefer to keep it to myself!! But the property, owner and housekeeper all deserve a mention.

Can't wait to go again this year.

Liked best: The view
Liked least: Like many others have mentioned - leaving!!
Families with young children
Dorothy N
Well, United Kingdom
“Magnificent”
Reviewed 16 November 2013 for a stay in September 2013

This was an outstanding property in every way and provided us with a lovely holiday away from our usual busy lives. The accommodation was first rate, the support from the owner before and during our stay totally professional, and the view spectacular. The wifi was far better than we had anticipated given the secluded nature of the Boathouse, and when the weather was more challenging we thoroughly enjoyed staying in comfort watching the beach and sea in the warm. I would thoroughly recommend this property to my friends and family.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The character, standard and position of the property
Liked least: Having to leave
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Families with young children
Management Response
9 Dec 2013
Thanks for the lovely review - you are welcome to come back any time!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing