“Evening meal”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Place looked inviting and nice seating area outside for us and the dogs. Lots of water available for the dogs which was nice. Unfortunately the lime and soda that I ordered had something floating in it ! So I wasn’t to happy drinking that. Then the meal we ordered, although came out promptly and plates were hot - my fish was grey in colour- I was going to send it back but hey this is a pub - what does one expect ? Suppose you get what you pay for. The condiments were out of date - April 2018 ! I did leave the ones that were out of date on the table but no doubt they will be put back for the next customer. One place I shall NOT be returning to again.

Reviewed 13 June 2018

Nice home cooked food with good portion size. The restaurant would benefit from home baked bread. My husband the Sunday roast dinner, the portion size was very generous and he enjoyed it.

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Walked over from Pwllheli for a Sunday carvery which is priced on how many slices of meat you want on the plate.
Gentlemen who carved the meat was very friendly (as was the lady at the till). Quite a slim choice of veg - carrots, sprouts, mash, roasties & Yorkshires (both frozen not freshly prepared) and cauliflower cheese.
I thought it was quite expensive for drinks & food but was glad to get a hot Sunday lunch.
I think a bit more effort is needed by the team as it feels like the maximum profit is got out of customers by putting the minimum of effort in.

1  Thank Mandy B
Reviewed 28 May 2018

A large pub whose decor is a little tired, has a large covered outdoor seating area and childrens play area. We went for lunch as a family of 8 with dog, found the food average pub grub.

Reviewed 26 May 2018

Seems to have become a bit pricey. It's no longer good value for money. Don't think it is a good place to take the family anymore. Prices have increased significantly but the food hasn't.