All reviewswould stay againdressing roomwarm welcomethe real thingfriendly mannerone nightbridal suitelocal informationshower over the bathbooked an evening mealgreat place to staywalking distancethis family run hoteloutlet villagegretna greenour short staygreat stopover
Reviewed 19 July 2018

We stayed overnight at this family run hotel to break a long drive. Turns out we made a great choice. We were warmly welcomed and throughout our short stay the proprietor (Linda) was very friendly and helpful. Our evening meal was freshly cooked and very tasty. The breakfast was made to order and much better than the help yourself buffet style favoured by many hotels. The room was clean, comfortable and had everything you need for a short stay. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a stopover to break a long drive. Also, the cost is very reasanaable. It is also very close to the Gateway shopping outlet.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2018

Took the opportunity of trying somewhere different, and popped down the M74 to Gretna. Called ahead and reserved a table for two as 'Sundays can get busy' as we were told. No Sunday roast available. Disappointing, but we were in this for the experience.

Turns out that the hopes of a busy Sunday were somewhat overly optimistic as my wife and I had the full bar area completely to ourselves. Yes it was a bit dated, but were were met in a friendly manner and the promise of home cooked food was the purpose of our visit. This turned out to be a very good instinctive choice.

I had what I can only describe as one of the best pies I have ever experienced - chicken, ham and leek, with an individual jug of gravy. Accompanied by chips, carrots and green beans, I was left gasping for breath as my mighty portion more than sufficiently filled my already ample girth. The pastry was amazingly light and buttery. Delicious. My wife, notoriously difficult to please (!) was equally pleased with her 'special'. lasagne.

Absolutely great food and I sincerely hope that this was an unusually quiet Sunday as the meals are worth a greater attendance.

Stayed: July 2018
Reviewed 13 June 2018

We stayed at Hunters lodge overnight!The lady that checked us in was lovely, she made sure everything was ok for our stay, she even brought us a fan when my husband said the room was too hot! Bed nice and comfy and lovely clean bedding, would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

I stayed at Hunters Lodge last night and it was great. Hospitality is second to none thanks to Linda. Food is good and plentiful but most of all I felt comfortable and welcome at Hunters. Rooms are clean with everything you need - and the hotel and meal charges are very reasonable.

Thanks for a lovely stay.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 May 2018

In a very good location, not very far off the motorway and close to the outlet village and Gretna Green. The area is very peaceful.

We received a very friendly welcome from Linda and shown to our downstairs room, at the rear of the hotel. The car park is very large and we were able to park close to our room. Our room was a very good size and had a large, very comfy bed and large en suite, with a shower over the bath. Great to have the non slip mats in the bath. Everywhere was spotlessly clean.

It was great to be able to get a bar meal in the hotel in the evening. There was a good menu choice and the food was very tasty. There was also a well stocked bar. We enjoyed our full Scottish breakfast the next morning, especially the little haggis croquets.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple