All reviews open plan water garden sister hotel breakfast was buffet style lounge area two double beds huge room on arrival four poster hotel restaurant lovely hotel jacuzzi bath sat nav family room wedding planner steak lots of choice
Reviewed 22 October 2018 via mobile

We have just returned from a 2 night stay after getting married in the Water Gardens on Saturday and the day could not have been more perfect. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and really went the extra mile to make our day just how we wanted it. Special thanks to the lady who helped with the table decor, you are an asset to the hotel! and Jo in the salon for the amazing job on my hair and make up!
On another note, we thoroughly enjoyed breakfast, we went at different times on both mornings and cooked food was always hot and delicious, with plenty to choose from.
The only downside for us was the strong smell of polish around our room and in the corridor, not sure if improvements had just been done.

We look forward to returning again soon hopefully for our anniversary!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank OMeThom11
DebraF899, Manager at Greens at Gretna, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2018

Congratulations, I am delighted to read that your wedding day was perfect! Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back for your 1st anniversary

Reviewed 21 October 2018

I stayed at Greens for one night on a business trip.
It was easy to park outside the hotel and check in was speedy, friendly and efficient.
My room was ok , slightly dated but comfortable enough.
The shower was poor. The water was so weak it was hard to get wet.
I had dinner which was decent.
I slept well enough and was down for breakfast fairly early.
This is a buffet style affair. The food was fairly dried out under the lights.
The egg was like rubber the other elements were ok...
The staff were very friendly and helpful.
The stay gets an average mark because it didn't warrant a 'very good'
On the other hand nothing was really poor (apart from the shower)
Overall I would stay her again due to the convenience and friendly staff.

Trip type: Travelled on business
DebraF899, Manager at Greens at Gretna, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, it is much appreciated.

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

Been once before and the service was very poor but thought I'd give it another try several months later. Walked in no one there to greet us so we sat down we were noticed by the staff but no one came over so my husband got up to say there was two of us dining. We had the Calvery which was ok not the best. We waited after our meal at least 20 minutes until the waitress collected dishes and never asked if we wanted to see the desert menu. Asked for the bill only to wait another 15 mins or so in the end we stood up and went to pay. I complained about the service and the wait and the waitress said I completely forgot I'm that busy. Actually felt sorry for her as it was clear she was rushed off her feet on her own more waiting on staff is definitely needed.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

I am sorry to hear about your disappointing experience samkerr23, I am available for you contact should you wish to discuss this further

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

Down here on a work thing and booked in for 9 nights, got a great room on ground floor, patio doors on to rear courtyard perfect for me as I smoke. The photo is from room. Restaurant very nice, food good and well priced ( not that I'm paying).
I would stop off here for the night no bother. Apart from the Outlet shops there really is nothing to do in Gretna apart from get married
All the staff I've spoken to are lovely, got another 6 nights to go and quite looking forward to it

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank DenisB1262

Thank you Denis, I am pleased we exceeded your expectations by allocating a room which was ideal for a smoker, especially when you were staying so long.

Reviewed 7 October 2018

Stayed here a few times. Nice Hotel, food of good quality only disappointment this time was in room 100 accessible room on ground floor no plug sockets next to mirror. Luckily I had brought a small mirror with me otherwise would of had problems drying my hair. Double socket behind bed!! so had to pull bed out slightly to plug in mobile phone. Not ideal otherwise another good stay will just make sure I request another room next time.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you chrisrhy for your feedback, I will take a look at the plug sockets and see how we can improve this