“Fabulous and very comfortable stay!”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of The Byre

Kitchen
Kitchen
Bedroom
Bedroom
Looking out of the bedroom window, Spring is yellow in Pembrokeshire
Hallway/Kitchen
Entrance hallway
By the gateway
The stream runs round two sides, great for doggy paddles
The top field with Frenni Fawr in the distance
The public footpath that crosses the top field and goes to Blaenffos
Red Kite hunting over the middle field
The middle of the three lower fields, looking across the valley
Far field
The bridle path, accessible from the top and middle fields
The bridle path with the Preseli hills in the distance
The property is surrounded by green fields
The footpath looking towards Blaenffos
The Preseli ridge in winter, looking east towards Carn Menyn
Newport Bay from Carn Ingli top
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Naomi_Lon...
London, United Kingdom
“Fabulous and very comfortable stay!”
Reviewed 4 September 2017 for a stay in August 2017

My husband and I had an excellent stay at The Byre Cottage with our Whippet. The place it's paradise for dog owners and non-dog owners, the cottage is very beautiful and very spacious, it had everything we could possibly need to feel very much at home. It was very clean and the value for money was amazing!
The owners were very friendly and helpful, they made us feel so welcome! They thought of everything to make their guests have a perfect time, all the little details showed how much they care.
The cottage's location is excellent, very close to all amenities you could possibly need when on holiday while at the same time having a rural and private feel.
We are very happy and satisfied with our stay and we would highly recommend The Byre to everyone travelling to Pembrokeshire.

Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017
person found this review helpful

Management Response
31 May 2017
Fantastic visitors, thank you.
Di F
Wiltshire
“Our ideal retreat - fabulous”
Reviewed 9 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017

We spent six nights here with our dogs and to say it was fabulous was an understatement. Our ideal retreat, off the beaten track. Very relaxing and very dog friendly. A welcome tray on arrival not forgetting the dogs. 5 star walks on and directly off the property. Stunning views, peaceful and very tranquil.

This Byre is clean, welcoming, comfortable and very well equipped nestled away in the most captivating of settings, surrounded by fields, woodland and a stream.

Wendy and Stephen were very welcoming and helpful throughout our stay we thank you both.

Your age range 50-64
Management Response
16 Mar 2017
It is always a pleasure to welcome dog lovers to The Byre and it is a joy to see the dogs and their owners enjoying their holiday here.
Wayne B
“Mr”
Reviewed 26 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016

A totally beautiful location and property, very friendly and accommodating people. On arrival we were given wine, cheese and biscuits and even a pint of milk. On the whole a lovely relaxing environment in a great property with lovely walks for our dog ! Highly recommended!!!!!

Gwen M
Wales, United Kingdom
“Wonderfully welcoming Welsh retreat”
Reviewed 20 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016
person found this review helpful

I stayed in Wendy and Stephen’s lovely cottage last week while in Pembrokeshire visiting friends, and what a wonderful place it is! The Byre is at the end of a track which winds its way down to the property, providing stunning views over the Preseli Mountains and the surrounding countryside. The cottage itself is a stone building which has been renovated to an exceptionally high standard for a 4* holiday let; I’ve stayed in 5* hotels that haven’t come close in terms of the cleanliness and comfort.

When I arrived I found a lovely welcome tray of Welsh goodies and some particularly yummy home-made Welsh cakes. My two dogs had come with me on holiday and they weren’t forgotten in the welcome as Wendy had made some lovely biscuits for them as well. In my rush leaving home, I’d forgotten to bring one of the dog’s beds, so Wendy and Stephen (or should I say Robbie, their bouncy border collie pup) kindly lent me one.

As I said, I was in Pembrokeshire visiting friends, so didn’t have to be up early, which was lucky as I slept exceptionally well throughout the week; the combination of Pembrokeshire air, a comfortable bed and the peace and quiet you only really get in such a tranquil spot made for a super week away. Thank you Wendy and Stephen, I’ll definitely be back!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The warm welcome.
Liked least: Having to go home at the end of the week.
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
Older travelers People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing