“Popped in one evening. ”
Review of The Halfway House

The Halfway House
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Challock
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Had been before and always been good. Seems to have changed hands now. Will not be back.
Awful food and discovered after our visit that their hygiene rating is no longer 5 as advertised on the website, but now a very worrying 1.
Will not be going back until this is sorted.

1  Thank GirlofKent8

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Staff were friendly and attentive which was lovely especially as we were arriving after a no doubt busy Sunny Sunday! Food was excellent for all 3 parties none of us were disappointed with our meals. The Chicken Fajitas were very yummy and I was very pleased that it was not just a few bits of chicken - there were lots of tender/flavoursome pieces of chicken with the meal. It is also a bonus to find a Pub/Restaurant still serving food on a Sunday evening. Anyway, thank you again to all the staff particularly the bar man/manager who was very friendly/efficient and the friendly waitress and compliments to the chef too! Thank you! Would return when travelling through the area again! Cheers!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I phoned in advance to make a booking and ask about vegan options. I was told that they had nothing on the menu for vegans. Me: "What, so every item on the menu has dairy in?" Them: "Yes". Alright then.

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

Visited twice so far and couldn’t get any fault on food and service. Penne pasta was delicious but large portion to me. Service attentive. Recommend.

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Popped in here on way back from a hospital visit as we have been before and were pleased with food and atmosphere,
However although the food was great what really appalled us was that there was some extremely vile language being used by some people sitting at the bar,words were “f###k” and others, now I can deal with this but it is NOT what I want to hear when I am having a meal .
What makes it worse is that bar staff did absolutely nothing to curtail it.
Will not be visiting again

1  Thank eybm