“Just Brilliant”

Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Ofena
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 October 2018

We were taken here by friends who know the area well. In fact, when we first tried to book it was full but some favours were pulled and we managed to get in.

What an experience. What great food. What superb wine. All served with charm and humour, in amazing surroundings.

We started on a slightly down note. I am gluten intolerant. When we explained this there was a brief pause until our host understood that it was intolerance, not celiac. Obviously the latter would cause them some problems in the kitchen but when we explained that I was just avoiding gluten the problem vanished. Indeed, they absolutely excelled themselves as every course containing gluten was mirrored by a serving for me which was "senza glutine". Fantastic service, especially as they were busy but the kitchen excelled.

The whole meal was amazing. The range of foods, and the artistic presentation made the experience extraordinary. As mentioned, the local wine we chose was lovely and we left full (very), happy, (very) and amazed at the low charge made for our meal.

If you can get in go. Drive for hours. Amazing.

Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

We had a wonderful dinner at Sapori de la Campagna. Immaculate service, delicious courses and a very special space made that dinner spectacular. I recommend it to anyone who visits Abruzzo.

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

If within an hour from here, make the trip! This meal blew me away. The presentation was impeccable and the food - incredible. Absolute favorite Italian meal thus far and I've been fortunate enough to travel there a few times throughout the country. Keep up the great work!

Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

We went for lunch and had a very pleasant experience. The place is very rustic and the food is excellent. Definitely not the last time.

Reviewed 26 September 2016

How generous can one be? So much attention for detail, for their food and especially for their customers!!! I have never experienced this. These people cook with their heart and you can feel it. They made me feel like I was family, but then a family that cooks really, really well. Beautiful food and people. Need I say more?