“Disappointing bank holiday visit”

Denby Pottery Factory
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Denby
More attraction details
Owner description: The Denby Pottery Visitor Centre lies on the edge of the Peak District next to our original factory where we have been producing handmade stoneware for over 200 years. Find a great selection of shops and have a bite to eat at Bourne’s Restaurant. Book yourself on a fully guided pottery tour, visit our museum and watch a free cookery demonstration in our emporium. See our website for seasonal events for all the family.Free entry and large free car park. Open Daily (closed 25th & 26th Dec).
Reviewed 16 July 2018

Visited with my daughter and grandchild. We had lunch which was mediocre to say the least and cost £18. There was a swing roundabout costing £2 and seemed to be over in a couple of minutes. There was a crazy golf course smaller than the size of a cricket pitch which cost £3 per person and some sand, which I think was there so they could sell buckets and spades. The experience took all the fun out of what I thought was going to be a fun day out. Now I know, never go there again!

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"pork pie"
"nice cafe"

Reviewed 4 July 2018

The homity pie was a tasteless mush! Barely warm and no sign of any other veg than Potato! It should be a golden opportunity to create a tasty vegetarian dish so what happened to the inspiration on this occasion! Warning, vegetarians, give this a miss!

Reviewed 27 June 2018

First ever visit here all the way from Scotland and it was worth every mile.

The cafe serves amazing hot and cold foods, great choice of beverages too.

The pottery is to die for. Might be considered expensive but its hand crafted and worth every little penny.

I was so impressed when I got home I went online and ordered more.

1  Thank Ailphl
Reviewed 25 June 2018

This is a great place to spend a couple of hours. There are several shops and a very pleasant cafe which you can pop in for lunch or a cuppa, they serve hot and cold food which is usually quite good. One of the things I like about the cafe is that they serve everything in their Denby pottery. A tip before you visit is to check on their website beforehand to see if they are planning any special event as they hold events throughout the year. Last weekend they held an event called Brass On The Grass - where several brass bands participate in a competition, it was lovely and suitable for all ages.

1  Thank Linda J