“Perfection”

Hanna's Fermoy
Ranked #8 of 23 Restaurants in Fermoy
Price range: US$2 - US$17
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Hanna’s is still very new in Fermoy but has already made a huge impact and a name for themselves as one of the best places to eat in Fermoy. No matter what, if you just want a cup of tea and a desert or a hot meal Hanna’s can provide. They do an amazing full Irish in the morning and in the afternoon there always have something different and delicious, and the staff are all so pleasant and helpful. I would recommend Hanna’s to anybody who is looking for something good to eat. It is a must go if you are in Fermoy

Date of visit: October 2018
Gabriella M, General Manager at Hanna's Fermoy, responded to this reviewResponded 2 days ago

Hello Jacko927,

Thank-you kindly for your lovely review. We do try more than our best to provide the best quality food & atmosphere, all that effort is worth it when we read such kind words. Come say hello to us if you're in again!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Going to Hannas is a lottery. Sometimes you are a winner and leave with a positive experience. Other days like today you tuck into braised beef to find that its 2 slices of tough grizzle and soggy veg. The lack of consistency is not good enough and makes you question whether you should spend your money here or not. I would not recommend because of this.

Date of visit: November 2018

Hello Niamh,

We at Hanna's strive to keep our consistency as it's so important in this Industry.

We always appreciate in house constructive criticism as we can sort the problem out on the spot. It may have happened you got a part of meat that was more fatty than the rest, while some people like it (even ask for it!) i can understand you didn't as I don't either!

I'm surprised about the veg and will look into this immediately.

We hope that you will come back to us again. If so please ask for myself, Gabriella as I would love to hear about any other experience you've had.

You may email me @ Gabriella.hannas.fermoy@gmail.com or call @ 02551005

Thank-you

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Great selection of foods and lovely coffee. This place is always a great. Very popular locally with high volume of business.

Date of visit: November 2018

Thank-you kindly for taking the time to write a review for us. Short and sweet is always nice!

Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

Lovely wholesome food. Pleasant surroundings, good service. Good choice for someone who requires coeliac friendly options

Date of visit: June 2018

Hello 100sih,

Thank-you for the review, we are happy to keep our Coeliac customers fed & watered! We take this condition very seriously & understand how difficult it can be to eat out.

We would love to hear of any suggestions you have or something you crave when you're out.

Email us at Gabriella.hannas.fermoy@gmail.com

Reviewed 14 October 2018

This is a beautifully decorated and spotlessly clean restaurant and visually, it is always a pleasure to be in. Sound wise not so, unfortunately as it can be very noisy when busy. I think there is probably a need for additional soft furnishings to absorb the sound..... Furthermore while it is a novelty to be able to sit outside, the view of the incessantly busy street and the row of car parked in front of the seating area does not make for pleasant viewing. Regarding the food, well it has simply never blown me away. In particular I never find the salads to taste as good as they look or sound and they have a long way to go before being as tasty as those in Avoca. I love the sour dough bread, its the best thing about Hannas, but the avocado breakfast is lacking some chilli flakes or something to lift it. The creamy mushroom breakfast is delicious and carnivorous friends love the fry up. My children adore the waffles. I just wish they'd serve a non-palm oil based alternative to Nutella or at least to give portions served out of the glass jars instead of tiny portions served in plastic. Its annoying that people in larger parties can jump ahead and hold onto a booth while the rest of their party orders the food, though I appreciate Hanna's insistence that booths are only for parties of more than 2 (?). In general its a bit of a hassle not to have table service/to have to queue! In spite of what I've said Hannas is a major addition to the town of Fermoy and I wish it lots of success - here's hoping for more vegetarian options, a heavier hand with the flavourings and some sound panels!

Date of visit: September 2018

Hello Laura,

Thank-you for you're very detailed review of Hanna's.

Since this review and a change in Management we have made a few changes.

We have installed a new noise reduction system which we are testing at the moment. I can tell you it's working!

We do provide outdoor seating with heating & blankets, we think we have made the space quite nice but unfortunately we can't change the amount of road traffic or the parked cars.
I am looking into creating an edible garden out the front in the Spring time so they will be pleasing to the eye.

Our Café food has always been about using fresh, local ingredients in our menu. We Have a wide variety of classic dishes and salads and try to suit everyone's taste.

We are making everyday small changes regarding sustainability & waste. Our packaging is compostable including our straws. We recycle and composte. We are looking in to having ramekins for jam, reducing our plastic waste among growing our own herbs and garnishes.

At the meeting moment we haven't found a palm free alternative to our chocolate spread that tastes as nice. It is one of our best sellers and we are very careful when making and big changes.

Thank-you again for your message.
If you are in again please let us know and I can go though any other suggestions you have.