Reviews (2 947)
2 947 results
2 047
2 047
All reviews sika restaurant the ritz carlton sugar loaf lounge sugarloaf mountain mountain view suite bathroom mirror beautiful hotel mcgills pub sugarloaf lounge walk in wardrobe irish bar the river walk gordon ramsay five star hotel dressing room pure luxury afternoon tea
194 - 199 of 2 947 reviews
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Recently stayed here with family. Short stay of just one evening. Our family of four..2 adults, 2 teenagers had a room with 2 double beds. Beds were very comfortable. Room was large and the bathroom was amazing. Reception and lobby are lovely but small...cozy. Do not recommend the “movie package”...seemed like a good deal but the movie selection was outdated. Loved the dual fire places in the lobby area. 3 restaurants...main floor dining/bar with a stunning view, Sika..high end, great views again, and a pub...good pub grub. There is a small bar just outside of Sika that was never open at any point during our stay. Attempted to dine at Sika, without a reservation, without success. Plenty of open tables it seemed but no availability. Disappointing. We were accommodated at the dining area upstairs but that seemed to be an inconvenience for the staff. There is a spa and a gym (I think) but not much else in the way of amenities that I could find. However, Powerscourt House and Gardens is a short 8-10 minute walk with shopping and dining. Golf club is a short walk as well. Perhaps our stay was just too short to appreciate it all. Not sure I would return for a longer stay for the price however.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank mbdflynn
GuestRelationsPC, Guest Relations at Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear mbdflynn

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at Powerscourt Hotel Resort & Spa. I am glad to read that you did enjoy some aspects of your recent short visit to us. However I am sorry that you found some aspects of the hotel lacking. We do encourage our guests to book in advance for dinner in Sika Restaurant as it is very popular especially when the hotel is busy and I realise that it is disappointing to be unable to dine there. It is a pity that you did not have more time to discover our other amenities in the hotel - the Spa, pool and gym in particular are all well worth a visit.
I do hope that in spite of your final comment you might return to stay with us for a longer period and have a greater opportunity to enjoy all the hotel has to offer.

Thank you once again for your feedback, it is much appreciated.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Myself and my husband stayed here for 6 days during our trip around Ireland and I have not one bad thing to say. We had lunch in sugarloaf lounge twice. One day was afternoon tea which was fantastic, and the second day was from their lunch menu, super tasty! We dined in sika one evening where they serve an exceptional set menu with some gorgeous wine selections. We ate in McGills bar on one evening which was different, was not expecting this style pub in this hotel but we had a great night.. All the staff here are absolutely incredible. They go that extra mile to deliver 5 star service. We would like to say a huge thank you to you all, especially the receptionist (we regret not remembering her name but she had long brown hair and piercing blue eyes!!) who checked us in on arrival and chatted to us throughout our stay ensuring we were enjoying ourselves and if there was anything she could do to help. I already miss this hotel and I can not wait to return and hopefully bring along some friends.

Stayed: March 2018
GuestRelationsPC, Guest Relations at Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear MelDavidson

Thank you so much for your glowing review of your recent visit to Powerscourt Hotel Resort & Spa. I am delighted to hear that you had such a positive experience of the hotel. Thank you too for recognising the team's efforts during your stay - I will make sure your compliments are passed on to them directly. We aim to provide the highest quality of product and service throughout the hotel and the entire team is involved in making this happen.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we are already looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future!

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

First things said - it‘s not a Autograph Collection. It’s named as one, but who are they kidding? I actually love the autograph collection since it’s very individual. But this hotel is only a Ritz which didn‘t want to be called a Ritz anymore. They just changed the name everything else is just a Ritz...

We didn‘t get an upgrade, although I am a platinum member. Basically the lady at the check in counter didn’t even care that I am a platinum member - normally you at least get the sentence: Thank you for your loyalty. At least...

I had a spa treatment, I had to wait 15 min, the serenity room which you are suppose to relax before the treatment was full and my therapist clearly rushed through the massage.
The Spa area itself is nice, but you only get something to drink when you have booked a treatment. It seems without a treatment you are worth nothing. PLUS for some reason they did constructions on the PoolSide! Really loud constructions. The pool closes at 9 pm, plenty of time to use the evening for stud like that.

The ICE Rooms were so disgusting, its so dirty. Don‘t go in there, just order some Ice.

I requested a foam pillow 2 days ago, I am still waiting for it.
Breakfast this morning - order by in room dining was 30 min late - not reduction on that.

You could clearly figure that the hotel is overbooked right now, which is ok, but the staff is not able to deal with that. So if you want to have a good time here don‘t come during busy times - you will regret it! You pay so much money for an average experience.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Anousch_AMA
GuestRelationsPC, Guest Recognition Manager at Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear Obsti_M,

I would firstly like to thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts to our TripAdvisor page.

We are proud to be a part of the Autograph Collection and feel that Powerscourt exudes the unique characteristics, qualities and levels of service that are associated with Autograph properties. In the interest of clarity, our spa is also open to all guests of the hotel, there is a second level of facilities designed for guests to relax before and after treatments.

I am however, very disappointed to read about the issues that you experienced at our property and have already reached out to you directly. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Powerscourt in the near future.

Kind regards,

Brian Nixon,
Guest Recognition Manager

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I stayed in the hotel for 1 night with my partner.
It was a beautiful hotel, check on was seamless very welcoming.
Room was amazing very spacious, very clean. Bed we're very comfortable. Loved the tv as it could be linked to your phone or tablet for Netflix etc.

We ate in Mc Gills bar, the people working there were so friendly. The menu gave us such a choice, I had the steak sandwich and my partner the lamb and both was so tasty. The cocktails were amazing !! Great atmosphere.

We rang for the turn down service that was offered, we ordered it, but it didn't happen.

The room was slightly cool, we rang down to reception to get advice on how to turn of the aircon. They said there is a panel near the door or at bedside separate to the thermostat to turn it off, there wasn't, so we just pressed enough buttons that it turned off at the thermostat but unfortunately came back on overnight again.

Went to the pool, being school holidays it was full of kids, however the hotel has designated times for kids, a brilliant idea. Went down to the pool in the morning after the kids time, and it appeared some sort of maintence was going on and some sort of banging or something from the man carrying out the work, not relaxing therefore, not sure why it couldn't have went on during closed times?
The Changing facilities were next to none, very nice plenty of space and loved the showers.

Breakfast was madness, although the hotel had signs up saying the busy times to highlight this to the guests, we did not receive a good service here, when we were sat to our seat, the man just walked away, we had to figure out where to even go for the food ourselves as it was not visible, then we had to call someone over to get tea and coffees and then again to order of the breakfast menu, toast was cold when it arrived. We had no big spoons on our table (all the other tables around had them obviously a mistake) my partner had to go around the restaurant looking for spoons as he couldn't get anyone's attention. The food was amazing however, loved the choices.

We feel we would not give this hotel 5 stars as a whole the experience did not keep to the level a 5 star hotel, as a whole would adhere to.

I read other reviews here, which are mainly positive and I am so upset that we had such a negative experience. We enjoy having regular hotel breaks as a couple, and every other break We have been on around Ireland be it 3, 4 or 5 stars has been amazing.
We spent €330 on our room and breakfast. We feel it was not worth even half of that.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cmacc123

Dear cmacc123

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at Powerscourt Hotel Resort & Spa. We appreciate all constructive feedback and see it as an opportunity to continually improve our product and service. I am glad that you did enjoy some aspects of the hotel however I am disappointed to read that your experience was not entirely positive. Please be assured that all of your comments will be passed on to our senior management team for further investigation and consideration. We work very hard to provide a 5 star experience to all of our guests and it is very important to us to succeed in doing so.

I do hope that this experience will not deter you from returning to us and if you do make a booking with us again please contact our Guest Relations Manager Brian Nixon at brian.nixon@powerscourthotel.com directly and he will be delighted to personally oversee the details of your stay.

Thank you once again for your review.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. The 1 bedroom suite was very spacious, clean and the bed was comfortable. Staff were very attentive. We had the best ESPA treatment ever ( Powerscourt signature ritual)! Special mention to Sabrina. Their ESPA treatment is second to none. Beautiful scenery overlooking the sugarloaf mountain. I can't wait to go back.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Victoria S

Dear Victoria S

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at Powerscourt Hotel Resort & Spa. It is wonderful to hear that you had such a positive experience. I will let the team in the Spa and Sabrina in particular know how much you enjoyed the treatment you had. They will be delighted with your glowing review! We are very lucky too with our stunning location and I am glad you liked the view.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you back at Powerscourt in the near future.