All reviews rainforest spa summer hill house wedding reception wedding venue spa package drawing room lovely location powerscourt gardens mid week wicklow mountains ireland ceremony fires bray
Reviewed 24 June 2018

I rang the hotel 4 times on the day before we arrived and the phone was never answered so we were a little nervous that the place would have closed down when we arrived. Unfortunatly not answering the phone is indicative of the general approach to customer care in this 'hotel'
Overall the decor is very dated and tired and the whole place is not overly clean. Our room phone and bedside light did not work and the TV was a 1970s snowstorm.
Wifi did not reach the fourth floor so we could not access it in our room which was annoying as I has some work to do.
Breakfast was good and a couple of members of staff were very nice but others looked completely uninterested and no manager was every in evidence.
A German gentleman checking it on our second day described his room as the dirtiest he had ever seen. Think twice before booking this establishment.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2018

Recently got married in this amazing country house. From the moment we booked we knew it was going to be the best day of our lives. we were looked after every step of the way by Seamus & Ludo. They could not do enough for us. On the day the sun was shining which always helps and there was an outdoor bar set up which our guests loved.
our menu was amazing as was the quality and quantity.
our guests have been raving ever since the wedding day how great the beef was.
we will definitely be recommending Summerhill House to everyone.
A big thank you to Seamus & Ludo for making our day perfect.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank Ted B
Reviewed 20 June 2018

Excellent hotel in a fabulous setting. Beautiful grounds and a relaxed athmosphere. Really enjoyed my stay here .
The staff were very friendly and the food was excellent.Would definitely consider coming back.

Stayed: August 2017
2  Thank coughlanbetty
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Booked in november for a wedding in may . Put in courtyard apartment , it was like being put in an attic. Tiny , overheated , noisey room. We left it after less than an hour. We emailed manager , the reply we recieved was appalling , misspelling , poor grammar and basically telling us we were lucky we wer'nt charged for the hour we spent there.
A number of our group were put in hotel itself in spite of booking after us .
If this manager is the public face of the establishment then it speaks volumes.
Our room was up a steep stairs and so small that we had to leave our cases in the hallway.
Dont stay in this substandard hotel .
RIP OFF!!!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank John M
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

I had my wedding reception here as I loved this place. I was in contact with Seamus over the last year and a half about the planning of our big day. I was maticulas with everything as I wanted it to be perfect. I sent countless amounts of tables plans as I got quite a few people who couldn't go and then we're able to attend. As I wanted certain people at certain tables, and was using my own place cards that sit on the wine glasses I was told I could do the decorating of the room myself the day before and that it would be set up as in the plan. When I turned up the day before the room wasn't set up to the tables plans I had sent. Myself and my family spend an hour trying to move fully set tables and remove and add place settings. All my hard work for nothing, this was the last thing I needed the day before my wedding. I broke down and went outside as I was so stressed. My mother told Seamus please get your staff and sort this out. He continued to say he 'doesn't know what the big deal is' ? The staff finally started to help us change it to the correct plan. After Seamus went home the other manager Ludo came to help and was so incredibly nice. He offered us tea and champagne while we decorated. Everything else went according to plan until the day after the wedding. I was horrified to see all of our guest booked literally flung into a basket beside the toilets. One of these was the thumb print tree. When we pulled it out who ever put them in here like this did not put the lid on the ink pad and ran all over our beautiful tree that we were going to frame for when we get our own house. I went straight to Seamus to tell his staff to be more careful and he was so incredibly rude to me saying it wasn't one of his staff. I said I don't think any of my guests would have done that! At the end of the day once we had paid it's like they didn't give a crap about us and left a bad taste in my mouth about this hotel. Unfortunate as we would have probable come here every year for our aviverasry. We will go powerscourt now instead probabley

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family