Reviews (1 552)
1 552 results
1 044
1 044
All reviews courtyard room irish wolfhound main building stone walls cabra castle the cottages golf course four poster bed free standing bath dublin airport wedding reception wedding venue grounds are beautiful wedding guests stayed longer course dinner cie tour
1 410 - 1 415 of 1 552 reviews
Reviewed 24 June 2010

The rooms were awesome....One was a suite.....What a wonderful experience...we were so glad we did this.....The grounds were gorgeous......The food was wonderful...The only thing missing was Irish music.....Would definately recommend this for others.

Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2010

Stayed in The Cabra Castle in May as I was attending my friend's wedding. What a place it was just fab. I stayed in the courtyard in a lovely spacious room. The food the day of the wedding was just perfect. The only downside was the breakfast the following morning. The service was very slow and I had to ask for a portion of mushrooms 4 times before I got them and when I was handed them the dish nearly burnt the fingers off me it was that hot. Apart from that small downside I had a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 June 2010

This hotel has almost kept its style over the centuries. Plus a very quiet location, no road noise but plenty of woodland around. My dog loved it as much as myself. My only little complaint are the bright floodlights in the courtyard; they are totally out-of-style and a nuisance. The bar food was excellent one day, but horrible another day. Still, all-in-all a very relaxing stay, though it comes at a price.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 May 2010

We stayed here for a night last week (and wish it could have been for longer). Once we found the hotel (it is a little tucked away in the most beautiful countryside) we were blown away by how pretty the place and location is. The check-in process was very efficient and then we got to our room.... The room was beautiful - antique looking 4 poster bed (which was very comfy! ) and a victorian style roll-top bath in the corner of the room. The shower and wc were in a separate room.The food was really good - fresh local produce, and the wine was pretty good too!The only thing I could criticise was the shower, which could have done with a better shower head (it was a bit weak and feeble and sprayed everywhere), but that is such a minor thing. We will definately be back.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2010

Stayed in the castle for 2 nights and it was amazing, can't rate it highly enough. The castle itself is huge and fabulous. Dinner, breakfast and bar food were second to none. The staff were friendly, professional and so so helpful. Location wise it was the perfect 'get lost in the middle of the countryside' experience. And the rooms...stayed in a suite in the castle itself...unbelievable, luxurious and huge!! Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple