US$128
US$116
US$112
US$114
Farnham View Bed and Breakfast(Cavan)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$79
US$111
Lakeside Bed & Breakfast(Cavan)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
Reviews (3 138)
3 138 results
1 819
1 819
All reviewscellar barfarnham estateoutdoor poolbotanica restaurantcar parkshuttle busthermal suiteold houserelaxing breaklovely hotelmain restaurantthe radisson bluwalking trailsafternoon teastandard roomgreat selectionsteak
19 - 24 of 3 138 reviews
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The hotel is very nice - the spa and pool are excellent and the walks in the grounds are lovely and spacious. The dinner we had was very nice too. The room was very good also - with a good shower and bath also. The only part which disappointed me was the high charges - €12.50 for a sandwich, €18 for bike hire for 3 hours, €6 for soup, €9.25 for g&t. I just felt this was a bit of a rip off and I don't like that feeling. The hotel is really nice and I don't think this was necessary. There was also one receptionist who was extremely curt on the two occasions we asked her for help. I would think twice before returning which is a pity for such a nice hotel.

Stayed: June 2018
2  Thank AnthonyMc M
Bridie M, Guest Relations at Farnham Estate Spa and Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear AnthonyMc M

Thank you for your Trip Advisor Review.

Delighted that you enjoyed certain aspects of your visit. Thank you for your feedback in relation to charges and I have passed your comments to our Management Team.

I do hope that we may have the chance of welcoming you back to Farnham Estate once again.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have been to many hotels in Ireland and this is definately the best that I have ever stayed in.
Myself and husband stayed for 2 nights on 25th June and from the moment we checked in we realised that we were somewhere that takes pride in their establishment. The staff were extremely friendly and professional throughout our stay.
The spa is out of this world and we were fortunate with the weather and made great use of the outdoor pool.
The food is amazing both at breakfast and dinner.
I would especially like to say thank you to the young man who was at reception desk on the morning of 26th June as my husband had a really bad knee and he went beyond his role and helped him out. This young man got the golf buggy to take us to our car. George the driver of golf buggy was also lovely and the lady who helped us with our bags.
I think a lot of other hotels could learn a lot from yourselves from the high customer care to the brilliant facilities.
We will definately be returning and we have highly recommended you to our friends.
Again would like to thank you for a fantastic time and we left feeling that we had made new friends.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 130 which was excellent and close to spa facilities.

Dear janjan197208

Thank you for your Trip Advisor Review.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit and thank you so much for such lovely feedback, which I have shared with the team.

Great to read that you intend returning and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Farnham Estate.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Just had dinner in the Cellar Bar this evening and was more than disappointed. Our side order of chips came with a free hair and the portion sizes were small. The waitress replaced the chips when we showed her the hair but I thought they could have at least taken the €3.50 for the chips off our bill since I did just nearly eat someone else's hair. The chocolate cake was really dry and I left feeling pretty disappointed. Won't be eating here again!

2  Thank sarahmurtagh2016

Dear sarahmurtagh2016

Thank you for your Trip Advisor Review.

I am very sorry to hear of your experience in our Wine Goose Cellar Bar recently. I have passed your feedback to both our Executive Head Chef and Bar Manager for discussion with their teams. I would like to assure you that this is certainly not our normal standards.

I do hope that you will return, as we would very much welcome the chance of restoring your faith in us.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Myself , my husband & 2 teenage daughters stayed in the Farnham holiday homes (self catering) on the site of Farnham estate on the 14th of June. To our utter disappointment we discovered, on arrival, that we did not have access to the hotel pool or spa facility's unless we paid €25 each - €100 for our family. To add insult to injury we would have to pay €25 each time we used the facilities over the 3 days. This was an expense we could not afford. We have stayed in several well known establishments in their self catering facility's in Ireland & never came across this charge to use their hotel facility's. They also wanted to charge us €15 per head if we wished to treat ourselves to breakfast. I should have checked before I travelled & I do understand they are a separate entity but €25 per head is a ludricous charge especially for a family with young children. People need to be aware of this charge. You are not told unless you ask.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank trishhealy2014
Bridie M, Guests Relations at Farnham Estate Spa and Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear trishhealy2014

Thank you for your Trip Advisor Review.

I would appreciate if you could let me know a couple of details in relation to your booking, in order that I may look into this:

1. The name under which it was booked
2. The house number
3. Was it booked online or directly with the hotel?

I can be contacted on info@farnhamestate.ie. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Booked a last minute mid-week break to Farnham Estate. The grounds are beautiful and contain lovely walkways around the estate.

Staff were very friendly and helpful, particularly the man on the check-in desk.

We stayed in a Junior Suite and were very happy with our room.

The pool and relaxation area will bring us back for another visit. One of the best hotel pools in Ireland.

Breakfast, lunch and dinner were great. Nice selection for breakfast and dinner. Lunch selection was a little limited.

Overall, a lovely break and I highly recommend the pool area for relaxation.

Dear Carolnin

Thank you for your Trip Advisor Review and lovely feedback, which we all really appreciate.

Delighted that you enjoyed your visit here at Farnham Estate and we look forward to welcoming you back soon again.