All reviews her husband pancakes golf course ring of kerry breakfast was excellent breda hosts hikers ireland hostess
Reviewed 28 January 2018

Golf Links View is a prime location if you want to be away from the hustle and bustle of tourists. Breda was also very accommodating as we ran very late after getting a bit lost. She also offered us great advice in cancelling our bus tour to do a self driving tour of the Ring of Kerry, Skelligs and Velantia Island.

Breakfast was out of this world! The room was also extremely comfortable and clean. I would certainly book my next trip to stay here and I highly recommend this B&B to anyone.

Room Tip: Quiet, great location, right on the Ring of Kerry, great host, delicious breakfast
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2017

My wife and I enjoyed a very pleasant stay at Golf Links View for 7 nights during the first week of a recent three week vacation in Ireland. We were in what the website calls the "Double Room" which is located on the main floor at the front of the building: a very comfortable room with a bay window and sitting area. I would recommend inquiring as to its availability. It has a very comfortable king sized bed (what we Americans call a King Sized bed - not what often in Ireland ends up being a "Queen Size") and an in-room kettle for coffee and tea service. While there, we were joined by another couple - old friends who spent 8 days vacationing with us. They too seemed pleased, even though their room was not as nice as ours, and we were quite comfortable sitting in the "parlor" for drinks in the evenings.

The breakfast was excellent - a variety of choices including porridge and full Irish.

Our hostess was very pleasant and helpful. The only thing that slightly marred our stay was when we went to settle our bill and were told that she "preferred cash" and that there would be an additional €10 per night if we paid by VISA. This sent both my friends and me scrambling to the only ATM in town which limited our withdraws to €120. (I ended up having to borrow €80 from them until we could find an ATM that allowed for larger withdrawals later in our trip.) Since the website prominently displays a VISA credit card symbol under payment options, I was left feeling annoyed by what was otherwise a very pleasant stay. (Suggestion: a better way to handle this - to leave the customer feeling better - is to advertise the credit card price and then offer a cash discount. Same result only the customer feels like they're getting a bargain instead of feeling like they've been misinformed.)

That said, I should also note that, by calling to make the reservation instead of booking through the online service, we were offered a lower rate due to our staying for 7 nights.

All in all, I would recommend this B&B to anyone staying in Waterville.

Room Tip: The "Double Room" is located on the main floor at the front of the building: a very comfortable bed - nice bay window and sitting area.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed here 2 nights on our Ring of Kerry walk in the triple en suite room. The room was quite nice for the 3 in our group.

The beds were comfortable and the room large enough for the three of us.

Breakfast was the usual plus pancakes, which Sis ordered two days in a row! Breda made us lunch, for a small charge, which saved us going into town to buy supplies.

The reason why I'm give GL 5 stars is because of Breda (and her husband). She was so accommodating and was very agreeable to give us rides and make dinner reservations as we needed. A true reflection of Irish hospitality - Thank You.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2017

The hostess was extremely lovely and welcoming. The beds and rooms were very comfortable. The only thing we weren't excited about was that this B&B felt a little more like a motel than a traditional B&B. Our window overlooked the parking lot and the views around were not that awesome.
It was a completely satisfactory stay and the people were great, but it wasn't our favorite B&B experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hallway, facing away from the parking lot!
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2017

Lovely place to stay, a bit outside of Waterville - but the hosts offered to drive us to the golf course and picked us up afterwards as well, they drove us to restaurants and picked us up again.
Rooms are very clean and functional, with rather small bathrooms, which might be a challenge for some. Nice breakfast, and - did I mention the exceptionally friendly and nice hosts?

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends