All reviewslough curranerooms are largetroutthe ownerring of kerrynice visitview of the lakeviews are amazingfull irish breakfastpeat firebeautiful surroundingslocal areaon arrivalnext morningtwo nightsanneoaklands
Reviewed 25 June 2018

I loved everything about it - the welcome - and the staff as a whole - the stunning location, the quiet, the wildlife, the view, the breakfasts...clean rooms and public areas, the relaxed atmosphere, even the wi-fi woerked, as if you;d need it with what's outside the window...

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 January 2018

I travelled this summer to Waterville with my family and stayed at Lakelands overnight. The location is amazing, just by the banks of Lough Currane, surrouended by hills and countryside, the perfect place to go for lovely walks. Waterville is just a couple of km away.
As for the service, the room was clean and cozy, as the lounge downstairs where you can sit by the fire, breakfast was delicious (big buffet + large choice of cooked breakfasts), the staff very kind and helpful and the owners Ann and Frank happy to give you tips and tell you about the area.

Room Tip: rooms with a balcony and view on the lake
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 October 2017

I recently stayed here with some friends. The setting is really beautiful and we enjoyed seeing the cows from our window. The accommodations were comfortable, clean and cozy. Ann was very helpful with recommendations of local restaurants and things to do in the area. The breakfasts were delicious. I would stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 August 2017

I travelled with a small group of people. I was the only person of color and walked in last as my friends walked in ahead of me. The person that greeted us at the front desk was all smiles till she saw me. Wasn't sure if it was shock or just not wanting me to be there. From then, all my interactions with her were cold and aloof.

The breakfast was good. Our room had 4 large spiders. The water was hot and the toilet flushed well. Don't drink the water in the bottle in the room. Tasted funny. If you're a person of color, I would look elsewhere before staying there. The only color that should count is the color of money.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 July 2017

The Ring of Kerry was one of the top highlights of my month long trip to Ireland, and the stay at Lakelands Farm Guesthouse was a contributing factor.

We ate dinner in town and the waitress made a call to get us directions. We had no GPS and no wireless service, so we like to talk to the locals. She alerted Anne that we were on our way.

We made our way along the scenic drive through farmland and past the lake to the B&B. It is quite a lovely place. Anne and Frank have done a wonderful job of adding on to their home to make comfortable guest rooms for their travelers.

We were greeted by Frank. Frank is not overly friendly, but provided a key and showed us to our room. We were blown away by the view of the lake and even had access to our own balcony! The room was clean and comfortable too. Our room had a queen bed, sofa, balcony with chairs, and a tv. It was a warm and cozy place to rest for the night.

We settled our luggage then headed down to the lounge where Anne had a nice pot of tea for us. As we chatted, we warmed by the peat fire and enjoyed learning about their history. How the farm had been passed down, Frank expanded it, Anne had a desire to run a B&B, and Frank lead fishing and boat excursions in addition to the farm work. Our retirement plan is to become Anne and Frank, lol. All kidding aside. The stay was lovely, comfortable, and provided an appreciated insight to how the people of rural Ireland have diversified their farming operations and provide invaluable services to weary travelers like ourselves.

We hope to make it back again some day, and this will be a stop on our list.

Room Tip: Ask for the room with balcony.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple