Sheraton Athlone
US$83
Hodson Bay Hotel(Athlone)
US$123
US$86
Athlone Springs Hotel(Athlone)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$71
Travelocity
The Prince of Wales Hotel(Athlone)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$63
Travelocity
Shamrock Lodge Hotel Athlone(Athlone)(Great Value!)
US$64
Creggan Court(Athlone)(Great Value!)
US$58
US$56
  • Restaurant
The Grand Hotel(Moate)(Great Value!)
US$96
Cooneys Hotel(Ballymahon)
US$172
TripAdvisor
Reviews (2 058)
2 058 results
1 278
1 278
All reviewsshopping centreharvest cafetower roomsla provence restaurantdeluxe roomfloor to ceiling windowslovely hotelhotel barcentral locationleisure facilitiestop classbar foodstayed here for two nightslovely roomwould highly recommend this hotelspa treatmentslast weekend
FilterAll languages
13 - 18 of 2 058 reviews
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and l stayed here recently for a 1 night getaway break. The service is the main thing that stood out for us. There was an etos of friendliness, attentiveness and professionalism displayed by all staff we encountered during our stay.

Our room which was located in the tower block was impeccable clean and beautifully furnished with amazing views of the town of Athlone and river Shannon.

We dined in the hotel's restaurant 'la Provence' that night. I had the chowder and confit duck with polenta for mains, both were delicious!

My wife, a vegetarian, was delighted to see a dedicated vegetarian section on the menu. She opted for the brioche with wild mushrooms for starters, having the 'jalfrezi style' mixed bean ragout for her main. Both she comnented as being exceptionally flavoursome and well seasoned.

The side dishes of garlic potato and roasted Mediterranean were absolutely moreish! We ate so much that unfortunately we had no room for dessert!
A special mention to Daniel our waiter, a very polite and professional young man.

We look forward to our next short break here.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JP09
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed there for one night. We were welcomed by very friendly/funny gentelman Mark. The room was clean and spacious. We had delicious 3 course meal and I must say the staff, especially Katelyn was amazing. Looked after us very well and remembered to check all allergens with the chef. The SPA is great, I had a body wrap treatment and Donna was really good during the session. Sinead told me a lot of handy informations about skin care and cosmetics, so we were very relaxed and pampered after our break! Definitely go back there again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kamila W
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I am sitting in the Sheraton right now,

The room is nice enough and I have free wifi with which to check my email. The only problem is that my email includes the second spam mail from something called "Starwood Preferred Guest."

When I made the booking I was asked for my email address. I asked "will this be used for spam?" I was told that no, it would only be used to confirm my reservation. And, like a fool, I believed them.

The only compensation I have is that this sort of thing will become illegal in a few months when the European data protection laws come in.

The spam website says "If you don't want our spam, don't give your email address." That is great advice. I didn't receive it in time -- instead the employee who took my booking lied to me.

But you received it, so don't be a fool like me!

Room Tip: Don't give them your email address whatever lies they tell you!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
SheratonGeneralMgr, General Manager at Sheraton Athlone, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Simon R,

Thank you for your mail and I realise the Private message sent may have missed you during your stay with us.

I can appreciate your frustration regarding the spam mail, but I would like to assure you that this has been corrected and is not common practice.

We are currently reviewing all guidelines and regulations in line with the GDPR regulation coming into force May 25th, ensuring that we are fully compliant in all areas of the business.

My apologies for the frustrations caused and should you be revisiting the property please make contact with me directly when booking.

Yours sincerely,
Garrett McGuinness
generalmanager@sheratonathlonehotel.com

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I’ve stayed here twice in the last month. Each stay was top class. I can’t say enough good things about the staff and the hotel from the location to the food parking pillows. Each and everyone of the Staff were so helpful friendly professional and went out of their way to make sure my visit was the best it could be. I ate in the restaurant and the bar and was more then happy with the quality. Thank you all and I can’t wait to return. Bernie. Dublin

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank b p
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Came here on a pigsback voucher which included €10 off evening meal and spa treatment per day. This proved to be a huge amount of trouble for the staff as no one seemed to know how to handle it.

I’ll start at the beginning. Checked in by a member of staff who couldn’t care less. Upon arrival to the room a member of the cleaning staff burst in to the room to give bottles of water. Needless to say they didn’t expect to see us in the room. This wasn’t the first time we had a staff member come into the room without asking.

Dinner the first night, despite mentioning our voucher we were overcharged for dinner and charged twice for wine. No apology given for this. Meal wise...crab had shell in it, Chicken was dry and salmon was definitely frozen. When our main course arrived, our starters were not taken away so there was a song and dance about this.
Dinner the next night was equally as bad food wise and so understaffed that you felt bad asking for anything
Breakfast was good but the bread was stale.

The pool is full of kids and you can’t even swim in the lane as none of the kids obey the fast swimming lanes. The sauna and steam room are located in the pool area so after the spa you need to recheck in to the fitness area and deal with the screaming kids. Area is also filthy.

Upon checking out I was given a receipt which had a unicef donation on it. I was not made aware of this donation.

We aired our grievances to reception and were told these would be passed on to the team. Not great or satisfactory in my eyes. Def won’t be returning to the hotel based on this experience.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kt3699
SheratonGeneralMgr, General Manager at Sheraton Athlone, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Kt3699,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valued feedback, but really concerning to learn the nature of the issues you experienced.

This level of service or offering, is not in keeping with the high standards we offer our guests, or indeed with the high volumes of feedback we receive across all feedback channels.

Given the serious nature of your feedback I am very anxious to speak with you directly and for that purpose have sent you a private message.

Yours sincerely,