“Home from home”
other travellers have booked this property
View from Garage Westwinds- view from the lake
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
View from Garage
Westwinds- view from the lake
Master suite
Main bathroom
Triple room (option to link two beds, to become  double)
private pier
Twin room
Living- Kitchen
Chill out with the wildlife!
Private Pier
Lake like glass today
kitchen living room with open fire/lake view
Kitchen
kitchen/living
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

pianoman8...
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Home from home”
Reviewed 6 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Me, my parents and my fiancée are currently staying at Westwinds on holiday from Scotland. We cannot recommend the house highly enough. The bedrooms are very cosy and comfortable and the bathrooms are excellent with modern facilities. The kitchen is a very good one with all appliances to a very good standard. The living rooms are spacious and relaxing, particularly important after a long day of travelling or exploring. The recent installation of wifi is a brilliant addition to the overall stay. In summary, Westwinds is a superb base and very pleasant place of relaxation for holidaymakers like ourselves.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Ian b
“Beautiful lough Corrib”
Reviewed 24 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016

Wonderful stay at West Winds (ironically the same name of the property I was living at when I first met my wife 30 years ago) and a very clean, comfortable and spacious house and large garden with fabulous views directly onto Lough Corrib. The properties stone pier was used to great effect as the location for 3 consecutive BBQ's early in the week and the lough fishing boat included was used daily for fishing (though the mayfly failed to appear). Will definitely be coming back please.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Management Response
24 May 2016
Thank you guys , so glad you had a good time !
Ladymuck8...
N.Ireland
“Always leave a piece of my heart here!!”
Reviewed 3 September 2015 for a stay in July 2015
person found this review helpful

We have been using this house for a few years now, and even before its refurbishment we fell in love.
It has an aura of serenity and happiness and the views are breath-taking. Extremely spacious home, immaculately clean and had everything we needed and more. The owners are always very welcoming and friendly, and nothing is too much trouble. Its lovely to take our dog with us too, who has ample space to run and explore.
All the bedrooms are warm and inviting, beds are the comfiest I have ever slept in!
This house is perfect size for a large family, We are a family of 5 and we brought my parents and I was worried about us all being on top of one another, but this is not the case. We spent our days in Oughterard Village, Salthill, and Galway itself. My father and 9 year old daughter also brought there bikes, and had a lot fun exploring the area.
We also took the younger children horse riding and to the family farm in Moycullen.
Our children had an absolute ball and thoroughly enjoyed the freedom of that huge garden and were exhausted most nights by 9pm! Us adults also enjoyed sitting round that large kitchen table in the evenings and enjoying the sun set over the Lough. So serene and precious memories are made here.
We travel a fair bit quite regularly but I have to say that I always leave a piece of my heart here at Westwinds. No where else on earth makes me feel as happy and peaceful as I do here, and we cant wait to get back!
Thank you!

Travelling group: Extended Family
GDRCL
Nice, France
“an extraordinary peaceful area”
Reviewed 18 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015

Westwinds lough corrib is a very beautiful and pleasant house and has enjoyed all the family (2 adults and 3 children (between 11 and 14 y old)). When the sun is shining the view on the lake is similar to a incredible post card. The quality of beds and the noiseless place are very welcome for the rests. Our children have really appreciated the 6,000 square meter of fields available for all the games and their imaginations.
Even if Janet stays in the north of Ireland and was able to meet us, she was very available for all kind of help,

So thanks a lot Janet for the pleasure that we have taken in your home.

Travelling group: En famille avec jeune(s) enfant(s)
Your age range 35-49
Starskysm...
“Peace and Tranquility”
Reviewed 3 July 2015 for a stay in June 2015
person found this review helpful

What a fantastic find! This property has it all! We arrived a 2 week stay my husband and Holly our great dane. To be joined later in the first week by our and our 2 mothers one in her 70's and mobile and the other in her 80's less mobile. The bungalow was brilliant for my mum who can not walk far and needs everything on one level. Due to the size of the property we could have a proper family get together with all Mums family who live in oughterard and the surrounding area!
Holly our dog loved exploring outside and with plenty of area to bomb around and even went for a paddle. The Lough was so clear and we just couldn't get enough of the view. If you want somewhere with plenty of space, stunning views, peace and tranquility this is the place to stay! AMAZING!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
;