Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Colleen R

DISAPPOINTED

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 22 Mar 2022
1. The family rooms are quite disappointing, parents sleeping in the same room with a 12 and 8 year old is not an ideal situation. Moreover, everything was in two's (cups, glasses, cutlery, gowns, slippers) but it's a room for 4 people. We asked for two more cups and glasses, twice, but they never came.
2. The staff. I had sent an email 3 days before arrival requesting for an early check in (12pm), so that we can get ready for an event that started at 2pm. I didn't get a reply. Upon arrival we're told we have to wait for 2pm, the front desk lady confirms that she can see my email but says there's nothing she can, without even trying. I tell her had someone replied to my email I would've made another plan to get ready elsewhere. Fortunately a gentleman who seemed like the manager was able to assist us. Also, during the stay, the staff on the switchboard line were just not keen to help with anything. Zero effort. Zero customer service. The only staff keen to help seems to be concierge and managers!
3. We were put on a waiting list at breakfast the following day because we were late for the slot we had booked, which I called beforehand that we were going to be late. Of which the lady on the phone replied "well, we're just going to put you on a waiting list because breakfast is a very busy time." Cool. We arrive and stood in a queue to eat for 30 minutes! When we are hotel guests. I've never had that happen anywhere in the world. Needless to say we left without eating breakfast.
Oh and we had nowhere to put our champagne because you have to pay a deposit to have the fridge unlocked, that was a first.
Great hotel, not so great customer service.
Date of stay: March 2022
Responded 11 Apr 2022
Dear Colleen,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at the Palazzo Hotel. Guest feedback is Vital to our success.

Please accept my sincere apology for the concerns raised in this review, it is never great to receive a negative review however we use these constructively to improve on the service and product we offer.

I hope this does not deter you from choosing to stay with us again and give us the opportunity to restore you faith in us as we look forward to welcoming you back to the Palazzo Hotel.

Rooms division manager
Reviews (1 708)
1 708 results
1 170
1 170
All reviews monte casino beautiful hotel five star hotel montecasino concierge luxury joburg
Selected filters
27 - 32 of 1 708 reviews
Reviewed 25 February 2022

We had a short two night stay. The rooms are great, although slightly compact in the family room. The staff are brilliant. The reception staff make you feel like a part of a family. The pool area is gorgeous too. Would love to stay again!

Date of stay: February 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Julian Joubert, General Manager at The Palazzo Montecasino, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2022

Dear 698brenb,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a such a great review on the Palazzo Hotel.

We are delighted that the team were able to meet your all requirements and that your stay was a memorable one. We will most certainly pass these kind words on to our colleagues as it proves to be highly motivational.

We hope that you do stay again and that your next stay is planned for the near future as we look forward to welcoming you back.

Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 3 January 2022

The Palazzo is a great hotel. The service is good. We are regular visitors to the hotel and we normally have a great time in this upmarket hotel.
However I noticed something very disturbing, Guests are now taking music boom boxes to the pool areas and other areas within the hotel. This is very un-classy, noisy and very disturbing. So if you looking for a relaxing outing at a classy hotel I DO NOT recommend this hotel. Its lost it's Class! it is now a sub standard Hotel with no or little respect regarding guests privacy or our personal space.

Date of stay: December 2021
Julian Joubert, General Manager at The Palazzo Montecasino, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2022

Dear Mr Mudaly,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Palazzo hotel,

Management is aware of the guests that brought a sound system down to the pool and were asked by the Food and Beverage manager to turn it right down as it was disturbing other guests. We do not allow guest to behave in such a manner and disturb other guests who are trying to relax. It’s unfortunate that you believe that we do not respect all of our guests however we can assure you that we do and where other guests are infringing on others we immediately act. Regretfully with the volume of guests that stayed at the Palazzo over the festive season it is difficult to police each and everyone’s actions however we do intervene immediately if untoward behaviour is noticed.

Catia Viegas

Reviewed 20 October 2021

Stay here two nights in October. This is a very nice hotel. The staff were super friendly, the breakfast offered plenty of choices and the service was good. Had dinner in the hotel restaurant one evening and the food and service outstanding.

Room was nice, bed super comfortable and the hotel responded quickly to special requests. I will absolutely stay here again when life brings me back to Jburg.

Date of stay: October 2021
2  Thank TravelLikeGreg
Julian Joubert, General Manager at The Palazzo Montecasino, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2021

Dear gregfY1101AZ,

We hope that your next stay is planned for the near future as we look forward to welcoming you back.

Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 26 September 2021 via mobile

This was our second trip in 2 consecutive months. would rate the breakfast area superb.hard working.efficient men and women..my checkout was hurtful and disappointing.my husband is a frequent guest member.its the first time that our integrity was questioned. We had paid the full amount at check in.at checkout I was told that we owed R178 for items we had taken from the mini bar.we had not...most definitely .I was asked to sign a form stating that we had not consumed any item.upon questioning I was told by the manager that a sensor could have been triggered even if the door of the fridge is opened.How then did they arrive at the amount of R178.00.why was the person cleaning my room not questioned.l will think twice about visting this hotel again.

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank vimnaidoo54
Julian Joubert, General Manager at The Palazzo Montecasino, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2021

Good day vimnaidoo54,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at the Palazzo Hotel. Your feedback is important to us.

Thank you for the great comments regarding the breakfast area and the staff that service this area. Your feedback will be shared with the team as it proves to be very motivational especially in these difficult times.

With regards to the minibar. The minibars in the rooms have sensors which identify items removed from the bar, once removed the bar it shall automatically charge to the room account even if the item is placed back. This is the reason you were asked to check the bill on your departure, it was never a question of your integrity, if fact the items were removed without question. The amount of R178 was made up of 4 items from the minibar.

I hope this does not deter you from visiting us further and hope to welcome you back to the Palazzo hotel.

Reviewed 14 August 2021 via mobile

Disappointed about the stay, we booked 5 rooms - the toilet in 1 room was not working and we had to call for it to be fixed. There was no tea or coffee in another room. We booked breakfast at 9:30 for 10 people but when we got there the response was “sorry reception didn’t tell us” and they we refusing to make up a table for 10. The we complained and said that was not acceptable then only did we get a table. Breakfast took over an hour to come to the table and we only finished after 11am. We returned to the rooms to find that we we locked out of the rooms with all our luggage still being in the room.

Because of the inefficiency of the hotel we we delayed and then locked out of the rooms likes criminals.

The last at reception asked us how was our stay and when I told her she asked me “did you tell anyone” I said I am telling you … she simply dismissed me.

During this horrific time of COVID and the impact it is having on the hospitality industry these hotels can’t afford to have crappy service …. We will simple chose some other place to spend our money.

Date of stay: August 2021
2  Thank 5StarSimi
Julian Joubert, General Manager at The Palazzo Montecasino, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2021

Good day 5StarSimi,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at he Palazzo hotel.

Please accept my sincere apology for the errors found in the rooms, this is certainly not the high standard to hold ourselves to.

Unfortunately during the weekends we do not hold large tables due to the capacity of the breakfast room and as I'm sure you saw how busy the restaurant was. This however should of been explained on check-in.

The room keys are automatically programmed the cut off at 11am, This is standard practice and in no means made to make to feel untoward.

The receptionist that checked you out should have called the manager on duty to discuss your concerns and again I must apologize for this.

Please rest assure that these concerns will be take up with the respective heads of departments in a constructive matter so that we can improve on our services.

I hope you give us the opportunity to restore your faith in us as we look forward to welcoming you back to the Palazzo Hotel.