Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
vimnaidoo54@gmail.com
Durban, South Africa

A beautiful but disappointing weekend.

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 26 Sept 2021via mobile
This was our second trip in 2 consecutive months. would rate the breakfast area superb.hard working.efficient men and women..my checkout was hurtful and disappointing.my husband is a frequent guest member.its the first time that our integrity was questioned. We had paid the full amount at check in.at checkout I was told that we owed R178 for items we had taken from the mini bar.we had not...most definitely .I was asked to sign a form stating that we had not consumed any item.upon questioning I was told by the manager that a sensor could have been triggered even if the door of the fridge is opened.How then did they arrive at the amount of R178.00.why was the person cleaning my room not questioned.l will think twice about visting this hotel again.
Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Responded 28 Sept 2021
Good day vimnaidoo54,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at the Palazzo Hotel. Your feedback is important to us.

Thank you for the great comments regarding the breakfast area and the staff that service this area. Your feedback will be shared with the team as it proves to be very motivational especially in these difficult times.

With regards to the minibar. The minibars in the rooms have sensors which identify items removed from the bar, once removed the bar it shall automatically charge to the room account even if the item is placed back. This is the reason you were asked to check the bill on your departure, it was never a question of your integrity, if fact the items were removed without question. The amount of R178 was made up of 4 items from the minibar.

I hope this does not deter you from visiting us further and hope to welcome you back to the Palazzo hotel.

R 790
Reviews (1 708)
1 708 results
1 170
1 170
All reviews monte casino beautiful hotel five star hotel montecasino concierge luxury joburg
Selected filters
31 - 36 of 1 708 reviews
Reviewed 14 August 2021 via mobile

Disappointed about the stay, we booked 5 rooms - the toilet in 1 room was not working and we had to call for it to be fixed. There was no tea or coffee in another room. We booked breakfast at 9:30 for 10 people but when we got there the response was “sorry reception didn’t tell us” and they we refusing to make up a table for 10. The we complained and said that was not acceptable then only did we get a table. Breakfast took over an hour to come to the table and we only finished after 11am. We returned to the rooms to find that we we locked out of the rooms with all our luggage still being in the room.

Because of the inefficiency of the hotel we we delayed and then locked out of the rooms likes criminals.

The last at reception asked us how was our stay and when I told her she asked me “did you tell anyone” I said I am telling you … she simply dismissed me.

During this horrific time of COVID and the impact it is having on the hospitality industry these hotels can’t afford to have crappy service …. We will simple chose some other place to spend our money.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank 5StarSimi
Julian Joubert, General Manager at The Palazzo Montecasino, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2021

Good day 5StarSimi,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at he Palazzo hotel.

Please accept my sincere apology for the errors found in the rooms, this is certainly not the high standard to hold ourselves to.

Unfortunately during the weekends we do not hold large tables due to the capacity of the breakfast room and as I'm sure you saw how busy the restaurant was. This however should of been explained on check-in.

The room keys are automatically programmed the cut off at 11am, This is standard practice and in no means made to make to feel untoward.

The receptionist that checked you out should have called the manager on duty to discuss your concerns and again I must apologize for this.

Please rest assure that these concerns will be take up with the respective heads of departments in a constructive matter so that we can improve on our services.

I hope you give us the opportunity to restore your faith in us as we look forward to welcoming you back to the Palazzo Hotel.

Reviewed 8 August 2021 via mobile

So disappointed, this used to be my beest hotel in Gauteng.
Sadly it is now one of the worst I have ever stayed at.
Needed to move to 2 different room last night (10hr30pm) with my little one due to noise and terrible smell of smoke from down stairs. Tjis is my 3rd time that is happening to me and my family, so much to go and relax, a waste on money. The manager were good to move us but my stay was a waste of money and we did not have a great time.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Julian Joubert, General Manager at The Palazzo Montecasino, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2021

Good day 138raulb,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of the Palazzo Hotel.

Please accept my sincere apology for having to move your rooms, unfortunately it is extremely challenging to control the action of every guest in the hotel. I am pleased that the team acting immediately to remedy the concern by moving your rooms.

We have updated your profile and should you give us the opportunity to be of service again we shall endeavour to allocate your rooms on the quieter side of the hotel.

Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 15 June 2021 via mobile

I have stayed here many times over the years and always gave excellent reviews, however this hotel is going down fast and at most can be classified as 3 star hotel. Poor service all round. Very poor housekeeping and no checking of staff or if customers are satisfied. Would never stay here again.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank logann176
Julian Joubert, General Manager at The Palazzo Montecasino, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2021

Dear Mr Naidoo,

Thank you for the review regarding your current stay at the Palazzo hotel,

The management team is aware of the issue that you spoke to us about pertaining to fresh towels and additional waters for your room. Both items were supplied timeously and delivered last night. We are not aware of any further issues that you have encountered during your stay or been brought to our attention. Please could you provide us with more feedback in order for us to address and remedy the issues.

Kind Regards
Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 10 June 2021 via mobile

So disappointed, this used to be an amazing hotel. Sadly it is now one of the worst I have ever stayed at. The general attitude of reception, management, not to mention the outdated rooms is shocking...I can go on. This is a 2 star hotel at best !

Room tip: The staff don’t care
Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
Julian Joubert, General Manager at The Palazzo Montecasino, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2021

Good day Mr 021bandit,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at the Palazzo Hotel,

Please could you provide more details on what occurred during your stay in order for me to respond. We would value your feedback and look forward to your response.

Reviewed 8 April 2021

How is it possible to have a so poor internet connection in the middle of Johannesburg and in a 5 stars hotel? It is simply unbelievable.
And do not expect any assistance form the staff: a lot of promise and no action at all!
I am still waiting for the IT engineer since 3 days!
Still in the place I am really wondering if we will or move to another place.
Simply unacceptable for the price

Room tip: Avoid the place except if you do not use internet!
Date of stay: April 2021
1  Thank LJaouani
Julian Joubert, General Manager at The Palazzo Montecasino, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2021

Good day Mr LJaouani

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on the Palazzo Hotel.

Please accept my sincere apology for your concerns raised in this review, this is certainly not the level of service you have would have come to expect from the Palazzo hotel. I assure you this feedback will be used constructively during these difficult times to improve on our services to all out guests.

I hope you give us the opportunity for us to restore your faith in us and that your next stay planned for the near future as we look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind Regards