“O’Callaghans”

Mount Juliet Golf Club
Ranked #4 of 21 Restaurants in Thomastown
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Please add the restaurant specifically in the golf club and not in Mount Juliet House. It is open to the public, golfer or not
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Top class. Beautiful setting. Staff extremely helpful. Sorounding area great with plenty to do and see.

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

I recently met a friend in the golf clubhouse for morning coffee and scone. It was a beautiful sunny morning, we sat by the glass windows overlooking the golf course-stunning! Staff were very pleasant and quickly took our order and arrived with our coffees and scones. Very tasty morning scone served with cream and jam. No pressure on us to hurry as we chatted for ages and enjoyed our surroundings. Friendly, welcoming and relaxing!

Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

So this is where we went I think.Friday night 9th Dec You would think it would be busy It wasn't Went with a friend who is a local and recommended it.I ordered the Duck confit with Red cabbage and a potato rosti with thyme I think.
Duck skin was like rubber and my friend advised I should return it as he had had it previously and it was very good.I was going to suffer it out of politeness.
Gave it back and waited (without ordered wine) for a new plate. Friend was half way through a good steak (albeit with an incorrect specifically ordered side) when the wine came.
Duck arrived The same one put under a grill together with roasting hot plate and burned still soggy skin.
Cabbage was nice.
This was terrible!

Reviewed 3 November 2017

Had the pleasure of playing my favourite golf course recently and after a tough day on the course my playing partners and myself felt very hungry and in need of a good hearty meal. With six in the group we were facilitated very quickly by the efficient waitress on duty despite the restaurant being very busy as it was during mid-term break. Two of us had cod. We got two sizeable pieces and for a welcome change it was not caked in batter like some places we have visited. It was accompanied by the most scrumptious hand cut chips and mushy peas. I can say without hesitation it was one of the best fish dishes I have eaten in many years of dining. The others in the group were equally impressed with their choices and the service was prompt and with a pleasant smile for everyone ! There was a great atmosphere in the place and we really enjoyed our visit. It does not matter if you are playing golf or just passing by but you will not be disappointed if you drop in here.

Reviewed 24 October 2017

My husband invited some cousins whom he had not seen for several years to dinner at this restaurant two weeks ago. We were looking forward to a festive evening. When we were ordering, I alerted the server that I had several serious food allergies, including peanuts and soy. I told her that it was very important that nothing I ordered contain these ingredients. She checked with the chef before I placed my order. I knew immediately at the first bite that there was something in the food to which I was allergic. I questioned the server again, and she assured me that there should be no problem. Finally, my reaction became so serious that I had to go to the emergency room where I was treated and held under observation until 2 am. Needless to say, this ruined the evening. The next day the manager of the club contacted me through my husband's cousin. He asked me for the details of my reaction and said the he would talk with the chef in order to assure that this would not happen again. He promised to contact me the next day to tell me the results of his conservation with the chef. I have heard nothing further from him. I can only hope that he does indeed take this seriously and ensures that this does not happen to someone else. People need to understand that food allergies can be fatal.

1  Thank Chemins-du-monde