“Pieces of broken plastic in the cheese cake”
Review of Trade Winds - CLOSED

Trade Winds
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I went there with 10 friends of mine. We waited a very long time for the meals and on top of that, one of my friends almost hurt himself because there were several pieces of broken plastic in his cheese cake. I don’t understand all the positive comments. For sure we won’t come again.

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Trade Winds is a beautiful spot located right by the water that has a great deal of potential.

However, to start we sat down and the dishes were quite dirty (Lots of crumbs and grime). Then, we had a simple order of two plates of nachos (no meat), soup of the day, and a burger. We were four of about 12 guests and the wait took about 50 minutes. The burger had great flavor And the soup was good, but the nachos were absolutely horrid. The wait staff was kind about the whole thing, but it was not a good experience.

I hope it does improve for them because this place could be a gem!

Reviewed 6 June 2018

We decided to sit in the bar area with a lovely breeze from the front door. The lady tending bar and waited on us was so friendly and made us feel most welcome and relaxed. We had a starter with our wine and a Bulmers cider. The atmosphere is warm and cozy with a small bar. We opted to sit at a small table. Later we shared a chicken curry for our entree. There are many items to chose from, seafood, beef, etc. A few vegetarian options as well. The food is not 5 star but the staff makes up for it.

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

We looked everywhere for somewhere to eat and stumbled across this place stood downstairs for ages until venturing upstairs to the restaurant was greeted by a lovely lady and seated handing us menus at the same time a couple arrived and was seated across the room from us. It took quite a while for the one waitress to take our order and after ensuring she knew my daughters dietary requirements seem sure things would be OK. ....from here it all went downhill we watched plate after plate of food come out and go to other tables who looked relived to have something to eat more food other tables 20 mins 30 mins starting to get really hungry should of gone take out 40 mins the other couple that sat down the same time as us got their food gotta be us next...45 mins shall we leave? 50 mins no food yet one hour the clocks ticking hour 10 mins the couple are leaving after finishing their meal oh look a slice of bread for us to go with my son's meal promised food in 5 mins the waitress goes chatting to another table she knows them well. One hour and 20 mins and eventually food for us.A burger for my Daughter nothing special in fact she didn't like the flavor,chicken and bacon salad for my son not to bad,lasagne for me fresh cooked and lovely and beef stroganoff for my partner says it was great and freshly prepared but not worth the hour and 20 minute wait... decided not to have desert on this occasion..would of probably been nearer breakfast time before we saw it !

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

Went here for dinner as had good recommendations about the place walked in nobody to meet u but heard voices up stairs so we made our way up to be greeted by Jackie lovely lady all chat she was busy too busy for 1 person between seating getting order getting drinks serving she was under pressure u could see but she had a smile and word for everyone food was ok there is lots of different lettuce out there ye need to up the game a big menu very extensive would be better off to shorten and concentrate on better dishes it's 2018 chicken with salty sauce over it doesn't do it I'm afraid it was Jackie that made visit wouldn't rush back otherwise