Ring of Kerry Hotel(Cahersiveen)
Free cancellation until 02/08
Book now, pay at stay
US$187
Cul Draiochta(Cahersiveen)
Iveragh Heights(Cahersiveen)
Kerry Coast Inn(Cahersiveen)
TripAdvisor
The Blue Door House(Cahersiveen)
Eva's(Cahersiveen)
Agoda.com
All reviewsthe pubgreat place to stayoverlooking dingle bayring of kerryjackkeyaccommodationdadshampoopintpatpeninsulakitchenproprietor
Reviewed 28 March 2018

We could not have found a friendly or welcoming place to stay ,I wish we had more time with Jack and his dad Pat. The rooms are amazing and the view was beautiful,Jack recommended some site seeing that was breathtaking. We were the only group booked and were given the key to the to the building, such a trustworthy jester. Upon our return Jack opened the pub where we had a very warm fire and some drinks and conservation with Jack and Pat who gave us a little interesting history about his family and the building we were in. I would recommend Caitins to anyone who wants that wants that welcoming feeling like you have known them and for a long time and just catching up. Good Luck Jack and Pat and thank you for your hospitality. Sharon. Michael, Christopher ,Levi Linda and Veronica

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Sharonwing
Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

I was really disappointed with my recent booking at Caitíns which I had to cancel. I booked the accommodation in November as it came up when I searched for Dingle on the 31st of December. As all of Dingle was booked out I was delighted to get accommodation which is only 17.7 km away from Dingle. To my shock, when we arrived in Dingle itself, and made a call to a good friend of ours who owns a taxi company, he said it would take an hour and a half to collect us from Caitíns and bring us to Dingle. After checking on Google Maps we were horrified to find it is 70km away from Dingle town not 17.7. Sure it is possibly 17.7 in a BOAT across the ocean but NOT from one end of the peninsula to the other. I was upset to still pay the full price when I cancelled, on top of more money I had to pay to stay elsewhere that night thanks to the generosity of Dingle locals who heard our story. A very expensive weekend for me ever before the New year celebrations started. I notice Caitíns have only one room left for next years, undoubtedly more innocent people have booked it thinking it is near Dingle; as Dingle itself is booked out again. When in reality it would probably cost 120€ In a taxi. I am not from Kerry nor do I know it's geography to an extent that I would know glenbeigh is so far from Dingle. The b&b looks lovely but I really have a problem with how misleading the location is. Telling everyone I can about this and nobody can quite believe my story.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank portugal08babiiya
Reviewed 27 July 2017

Stayed here while walking the Kerry Way recently. The room was very clean and excellent value. Jack Golden (proprietor), could not have been more helpful. He collected us from a section of the Way in the evening. Organised and then collected a Thai takeaway for dinner for us as his own kitchens were closed, and dropped us back to our starting point the next day. A stunning day, and we enjoyed a much deserved beer overlooking Dingle Bay - great place to watch the sun set.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Giagmaro
Reviewed 17 July 2017

great place to stay with lovely food and atmosphere. We stayed in one of the recently revamped family rooms which was very comfortable and spacious with luxury finishes. Jack was extremely helpful and advised on maps etc with some of our party heading off to tackle the Kerry Way the following morning. Breakfast was plentyful with cereals, breads, tea/coffee and fruits

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank MasonDTC
Reviewed 2 May 2017

This is more of a B&B type accommodation. There was no one there when we arrived but the person was easily reached by phone and arrived a few minutes later. You pay on arrival and are then given you key and given the tour. Another two people arrived after us and there was no one there to greet them and they had to call too, which is probably more of an inconvenience if you don’t have an Irish mobile and have to pay roaming rates. The kitchen is stocked with tea and milk so you can make yourself a tea whenever you like. There was coffee too but I’m not sure how long it was there as it had stuck together. Breakfast is listed as continental but this doesn’t mean pots of hot coffee and pastries, it was cereal, fruit (bananas, apples and oranges), bread (toaster available) and juice and milk in the fridge. Nothing wrong with it, but I wouldn’t describe it as continental.

We had a room with a view of the ocean which was lovely but unfortunately it is a photo point and a smoking point so we had to spend two days with our curtains pulled as otherwise there were people staring in at our beds! I didn’t feel unsafe at any stage, just a bit on show..! this should probably be locked while that bedroom is occupied as the view if just as good from the front of the premises and there are benches outside the pub for those who want to smoke.

The room itself was clean but basic – just beds and lamps but there were electric blankets. The bathroom was a nice size and clean. There was one towel per person. Also, I read that there were toiletries provided but it was a half empty (or half full) bottle of Radox shower gel, so no shampoo or anything like that, we had to drive to the shop in Glenbeigh and get some.

The bar doesn’t open until 7:30pm in the evening (this may change over the season) and doesn’t serve food in the PM anyway so there was no point in us going there.

You absolutely need a car here or to have arrangements made for travelling as this is just on the side of the road between Glenbeigh and Cahirsiveen.

While the place was clean and the people working there were nice to deal with, I found it very remote.

If you are doing the Ring of Kerry and just want somewhere to rest your head, have a shower and have a pint and then tea and toast before you set on your way in the morning, it might just suit you down the ground. In fact, I believe the property next door organise bus tours so you could check with the property about that.

the wifi is very good and fast. The carpark is across the road and the cars can fly past so fast so be careful!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple