“Spectacular Views in Every Direction”
other travellers have booked this property
Dining room View from Main Living and Dining Area
July Summer Colours
Summer Party in the Garden
The Fantastic Barrow Beach from 18th Golf Tee
Barrow Harbor Entrance
Late nights golf practice on the range with sunset
Part of the master ensuite bedroom
Living room
Barrow Beach High Tide
New Patio
Canine Neighbors
Newly painted Cottage
View of Kerry Head from the rear patio
New rear patio
Front patio and sun trap
Front patin and sun trap
View and vantage
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 6 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
gerard f
“Spectacular Views in Every Direction”
Reviewed 24 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016

My brother, niece and I stayed at Lark Cottage, Barrow, Co Kerry, in May 2016 for about 10 days. The cottage is on a peninsula set high on a hill. The scenery is spectacular. Being a smoker I spent a lot of time outside admiring the view from the picnic table in the front of the cottage or the one in back of the cottage. From the front I could look down on the picturesque homes of Fenit Island set in a mountain backdrop, southwest is the lighthouse and due west in the distance (I think) the famous Brandon Mountain. From the back we looked down on the roof of the Tralee golf club house although the course itself is not visible and we could see the farmer’s cows grazing in the field behind us, chickens running around to the east next door and looking north we could see Kerry Head in the distance. At night the silence was a wonder in itself not to mention the full moon drifting eerily through the clouds. As we left there was a sun shower and a rainbow that arched from on horizon to the other. The view from Lark Cottage was surreal and almost a fantasy. Oh and there was an inside to the cottage too. Should I start with the view from the living room? I think I’ve described that. Spectacular!

The cottage had everything we needed to cook whatever we wanted (my brother and niece did a bit of that) although every day we took trips to various places in Kerry. The location is an easy drive to anywhere once you get used to the narrow roads in Ireland and driving on the left. We went as far north as Ballybunion (a hilltop castle with stunning cliffs nestling fabulous beaches on either side), east to Dingle (fantastic mountain scenery) and south to Killarney and Kenmare (magnificent lakes and forests). The cottage had tons of amenities tucked away here and there but I was too busy to take advantage of them; enjoying the sights of Kerry by day and uploading my photos by night to show everyone back home. If you every need a place to stay in Kerry, Lark Cottage is ideal.

As a final note: one morning I was looking at the cottage’s hedge, the fields below and the grass in front of me and I thought this truly is the Emerald Island and how many different colours of green can there possibly be. I mentioned it to someone later that day and he said, according to Johnny Cash there are Forty Shades of Green. I’m pretty certain I’ll be back again. Thanks Kieran.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The spectacular views
Liked least: Narrow roads in Ireland but I got used to it pretty fast
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
24 May 2016
Gerard, Thank you for this wonderful write up. The weather appear to have behaved somewhat and provided some special scenic views. Great having you and be assured you'll be welcome back anytime. I am so impressed that you reached the Castle and found the nest of ravens! GOT.
Reginakat...
Nuremberg, Germany
“Fantastic location”
Reviewed 10 October 2015 for a stay in September 2015

What is most stunning about the house is the view from the living-room. Moreover, the house is conveniently situated at walking distance from the beach, and - tides permitting - you can walk along the sea for miles on end. We didn't have to travel long distances to enjoy an exciting stay, the more so as the house is equipped with everything you need to be entertained- in particular Wi-Fi and Satellite TV.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
12 Oct 2015
Thank you for your kind words, we're so glad you enjoyed your lengthy break in this beautiful location. We looking forward to having you back again.
Newbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2015 for a stay in May 2015

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything.
Liked least: Having to leave.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
12 Oct 2015
Andy it was so nice to have you and Mary as guests with us in 2015. We hope you will return again soon. Thank you for those great comments!!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing