All reviews the pub next morning close to the airport good size short stay room was clean and comfortable an overnight stay bunratty castle stayed for one night full irish breakfast family room night's sleep airport hotel last night rental car bar ireland
Reviewed 6 August 2018

This is a standard hotel with nothing special. The furniture seemed to be a bit older, not modern.
Our window was just next to the ventilation system. You could hear its noise constantly, even with a closed window.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank dnzdct20
John G, Owner at Shannon Springs Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Dear dnzdct20,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. This particular room will be included in our ongoing refurbishment programme when we reconvene again in September.

We hope you will give us another chance to restore your faith in us here at the Shannon Springs Hotel

Kind regards

Reviewed 4 August 2018

We arrived mid-morning after crossing overnight from Liverpool to Dublin and driving across Ireland. They took one look at us, lead us to a comfortable lounge and provided coffee which they later refused to accept payment for. We were able to rest and relax until the rest of our party arrived from Shannon Airport. The accommodation was very good and the food was excellent. Very friendly staff.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Meg,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. I am delighted to hear that you liked and enjoyed your stay with us and that the team here looked after you well during your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Shannon Springs Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel this week for a couple of nights and whilst I was there I had a great day, everything was fine. The room was big enough, well enough equipped, the bed was comfortable. The food had breakfast, lunch, dinner were all absolutely great and good value.

The thing I will remember most actually is the service.

From the time I was checked in, Everybody I dealt with was so friendly. Chatty, but not intrusive, and attentive to anything I might need.

I miscalculated how close it was to Galway .. the drive is just under an hour , But I can hardly hold that against the hotel!!

Very very easy from Shannon airport .

If you’re visiting the area, this will be a great base for you.

I will definitely be visiting again.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear 355songs,

Thank you for your glowing review. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.
We are very lucky to have such an excellent team working here and we really appreciate your positive feedback.

Reviewed 1 August 2018

I am from America on holiday and didn't really know much about the area. The gentleman at the desk helped me find the hot spots which was the Bunratty Castle, and Durty Nellys Pub. He got a taxi for me and told me how to get 1 back. The bartender and manager were just amazing. Thank you to the whole staff here for a wonderful experience!

• Trip type: Travelled solo
John G, Owner at Shannon Springs Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

Hi Jemmylesher,

Thank you for your 5 star review. Delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and the team here looked after you well during your stay. We pride ourselves with the excellent team we have here and I will pass on your kind words to everyone.

Yes we are perfectly located when visiting the hot spots of County Clare. We look forward to welcoming you back again to the Shannon Springs Hotel.

Kind regards

Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

We arrived in Shannon at 6 a.m. and taxied to this property. The staff were so thoughtful and accommodating. They directed us to a reception area where we stored our luggage and relaxed on comfy couches. They actually checked us in at 8 and were more than helpful with directions, suggestions, reserving taxi service and anything we asked about.
We had drinks and dinner in the Old Lodge Gastro Pub, on property. Our server had great suggestions and we left completely full and satisfied. We enjoyed chicken wings, Caesar salad, mackerel appetizer, chicken supreme and sticky toffee pudding! Each one was delicious.
Our room was a good size, clean and had a good tub/shower combo. The beds and linens were above average. WiFi seemed reliable and we never heard other occupants.
For the price-Shannon Springs is a deal!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hi Cindi51058,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Delighted to hear you liked and enjoyed our facilities.
I will share your kind words to all our team members. We do pride ourselves on our staff.

We have recently just won an AA Rosette for our food here so it was good to here you found it delicious!!

We look forward to welcoming you back at the Shannon Springs Hotel in the near future.