Reviews (1 602)
1 602 results
All reviews leisure centre station bar anne marie kids club old railway swimming pool the general manager self catering steam room family break family friendly hotel bar food welcome pack last weekend hotel bar mussels would highly recommend this hotel
11 - 16 of 1 602 reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We have stayed at this hotel and also at the accompanying holiday apartments on multiple occasions. The prices are very reasonable. The staff go above and beyond to make sure that you have a pleasurable experience. I haven't experienced service like we experienced there. The staff were incredibly friendly

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Barry F
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed in Clifden Station House for one night for my sister’s hen. The staff were so helpful, with tips on where to go and changes to room lists, start times & special requests. No request was too much! Delicious 3 course meal for 28 ladies with a lovely variety of foods to suit all tastes. Brilliant live trad session in the hotel that continued the partying to the late hours— a brilliant option for any party!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hilary M
Reviewed 10 October 2018

My husband and I stayed at the Station House in August for a two night break away. On arrival we were greeted by the wonderful staff who were so helpful with any queries or requests. Our room was clean and the breakfast was excellent. Our stay was enhanced greatly by the service received for all staff but especially from Ann Marie, the manager. Ann Marie helped to accommodate our grandchildren who joined us at very short notice. The children really enjoyed the Kids Club and activities provided especially their time in the pool. She is a wonderful addition to this hotel and I would highly recommend it for anyone when visiting Clifden.
We look forward to many repeat stays in this lovely hotel.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank sheilads2018
Reviewed 8 October 2018

Just back from a golfing weekend where over 30 of us stayed at this hotel. I didn't hear a single complaint which is testament to the staff and management of this hotel. . The staff were warm and friendly and showed genuine interest in making our stay comfortable. The food was excellent, particularly recommend the lamb which was cooked to perfection. The piano player in the Bar was excellent and we all joined in on the Saturday night. On behalf of our Rags Golf society, thank you for wonderful weekend.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank James O
Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

Just back from a stay in this hotel - it was an unexpected- unplanned visit to Clifden -I rang and spoke to the receptionist who was on on Saturday morning- think her name was Mary -explained my situation- she was absolutely brilliant- went above and beyond - allowed us access to our room 2 hours early - have to say it’s a long time since staff were so down to earth and nothing a problem - spoke to a lady who I presume was the manager again - great - went into the bar on Saturday night - Batman again great and then the breakfast staff- all great- what struck me was every member of staff appeared to be genuinely interested in making your stay great and nothin was a trouble- would definitely recommend and if I’m down that way again will definitely stay !

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple