All reviews these apartments top floor stayed here spacious apartment living space secure parking central location within walking distance free wifi and free parking friday morning street noise double windows ironing board coffee making facilities shower gel town centre attending a wedding
Reviewed 6 March 2017

Myself and a colleague booked a 2 bedroom apartment through booking.com for a work trip, and as sometimes happens, the dates had to change - twice. During this period there was some error and the final change of date was not received by the Carrick Plaza Suites. But when I rang to check they could not have been nicer - and they sorted out the issue promptly and efficiently.

When we arrived we were surprised by how spacious and well laid out the apartment was. It had everything you could need for a short stay - the beds were comfy, there were plenty of towels and toiletries, and the showers were super.

The heating was not on when we arrived but the whole apartment heated up quickly and was toasty warm within about 20 minutes.

For the price we paid - which was very reasonable - we were impressed! I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor well away from the lift and it seemed to be quiet
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Assumpta D, General Manager at Carrick Plaza Suites by theKeyCollection, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2017

Dear Nicola, what a pleasure to read such a positive review and know that you enjoyed your stay with us so much. Guest satisfaction is our number one priority and to know we have succeeded in your case makes it all worthwhile, we hope to see you again soon, Kind Regards, Assumpta Doherty, General Manager.

Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

Room was lovely apart from the 8 light bulbs that were out, the toilet seat was broke and to top it off the thermostat was broke in the shower so it was freezing!!! Nothing was done about it, apart from a plumber being rung which was no benefit to us! We were there for 2 nights and not even an offer of rooms being changed.. was aware that it was the night before valentines but didn't seem very busy! Very annoyed for price I paid, could have stayed in a much nicer hotel for cheaper that had a lovely hot shower! Very disappointed in the quality of room for price!!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Assumpta D, General Manager at Carrick Plaza Suites by theKeyCollection, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2017

Dear Claire,
Thank you for taking the time to review Carrick Plaza Suites. I am glad you enjoyed your stay overall, however I would like to make a few points after personally looking at the room you both stayed in. The light bulbs are activated by pressing a switch inside the door. I do agree that the screw on the toilet seat needed to be tightened, and can assure you it has now been done.
I personally spoke to your partner Andrew, who told me the shower was warm enough for him and when I offered him another bathroom for you to shower in he told me it was ok. We did indeed get a plumber to look at the shower and he agreed that it was warm water, not hot, but certainly not freezing. The shower has been replaced. It’s most unfortunate Claire that you didn’t bring any of your issues directly to me, had you done so I would have rectified your issues whist you were here. We pride ourselves in customer satisfaction, and we strive to ensure all of our guests enjoy their stay, and no matter what our guest’s needs are, we will always do our best to accommodate them, so it’s a pity Claire you didn’t let us know, as Andrews conversation with me was quite different from what you describe.
As a matter of interest for myself, I had a look at other hotel rates in the area for the dates you stayed and none of them were cheaper that what you paid at £37pppn.
If you wish to discuss any of the above, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Warm regards,
Assumpta Doherty,

Reviewed 24 January 2017 via mobile

I walked into first room and there was a very strong smell of smoke so i asked can i have a different room and i got it but another issue was that there wasn't much toilet roll and i had to go and ask for more.... Overall a nice place to stay in

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Assumpta D, General Manager at Carrick Plaza Suites by theKeyCollection, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2017

Dear Pawel,
Thank you for your review, I am disappointed to read you got a smell of smoke , we operate a strictly 'no smoking' policy. I will investigate into this further. We are glad you enjoyed your overall stay and hope you will return again.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 24 January 2017 via mobile

The staff where very friendly
The room was a lot bigger then we expected which was a nice surprise
Very clean and warm
Own private car park
In the middle of the town
Ideal for family, friends and couple
Would definitely go back

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Aisling,
I am thrilled to read you enjoyed your recent stay with us and you found our accommodation to your standard, we are indeed very fortunate with our location, within walking distance to all amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back to Carrick on Shannon sometime again in the not so distant future.
Warm regards,

Reviewed 19 January 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for a night as the hotel we were attending a wedding was full. I have to say we loved it. Spacious room, lovely comfortable bed and fabulous walk in shower. Lady at reception was extremely friendly and helpful. Would have no hesitation in staying here again.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Brigieee,
Thank you for your lovely review, we are glad you enjoyed your stay and found our team friendly, we hope it will encourage you to return soon again.
Warmest regards,