“Irene and Pisces are a couple of gems!”

Review of Pisces Apartment

Double room
Twin room
Garden
Garden and Sally
Tall ship at end of garden
Important visitor!
Sunset in Kinsale
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Soxnole
Chicago, Illinois
“Irene and Pisces are a couple of gems!”
Reviewed 7 August 2017 for a stay in August 2016

My wife and I travel the world. There is no finer individual than Irene Jones.
The place is perfect. Everything was just as you would want. The town of Kinsale is a fabulous place not to be missed. The view is waaay better than the pictures. The restaurant across the street was sensational. Get the Duck! I did three times.
My only complaint is that the "foodie heaven" label definitely did not fit. We were disappointed by more than one highly rated restaurant. Irene told us of
"Morans on the Weir" which is just south of Galway as we were leaving there and heading to Kinsale. Best food I have had anywhere in the world and I've been around.

9 Aug 2017
Thank you Patrick for your very kind remarks. Kinsale is undoubtedly a beautiful town, I wouldn't want to live any place else. Good luck on your travels with your lovely wife, another Irene!
Kathymoor...
“Three weeks was not enough.”
Reviewed 10 January 2017 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

Irene couldn't have made my friend and I more welcome. I was there the first week by myself and my friend joined me for the last 2. Being alone for the week could have been difficult, but her kindness and offers of help made it so easy. The apartment shows beautifully in pictures, but is even nicer in person. The view of the bay and short 10 min walk into Kinsale made it the perfect location. I was not ready to leave after the three weeks and look forward, hopefully, to another stay in 2018. Can't thank you enough, Irene. Happy, Healthy New Year!

12 Jan 2017
Thank you Kathy, I really enjoyed your company. Have made a new friend, look forward to seeing you next year.
Go_pgh
Maryland
“Wonderful owner, stunning view”
Reviewed 27 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016

We just returned from Kinsale where we attended a wedding. We were fortunate enough to be able to stay at Pisces for an extended weekend. We arrived on a Thursday, tired and bedraggled after an overnight flight from the states. The apartment was very easy to find by entering the Spaniard into our GPS and looking for the salmon colored home across the street. We were greeted first by one of the friendly dogs, then by the proprietor, Irene Jones. Ms. Jones is very friendly and helpful. If you want to know where to shop, go for a run, golf or anything else about the town, she is your resource.

There is adequate space for parking if you go parallel to the house. The apartment is on the second floor. The first thing you see when you open the door is the view of the harbor from the large picture window. It is as beautiful as the photos and the reviews. The temperature in the apartment is comfortable. Each bedroom has an en suite with a shower, not a bath tub. The showers are relatively small but functional. There was no problem with having enough hot water for two showers.

The apartment has wifi, some local guide books and flyers with tourist activities, a well stocked kitchen including an electric tea kettle, and a washer and dryer. Towels are in the closet.

Being from the states, we needed a converter to use the electrical outlets. The apartment has one as well as hairdryers to use so you don't fry your American model.

We used a credit card for our down payment to reserve the apartment for our stay. We paid cash for the balance as that is the preferred method of payment. It was very easy to get Euros from an ATM in town.

We walked into town each day we were there, enjoying some very nice restaurants. We also walked/ran to Charles Fort, mostly along a paved walkway. Ms. Jones was kind enough to give us directions and gave a good description of the terrain.

With the Spaniard Inn so close, there is some noise as people leave. We did not find it to be too bothersome.

I can confidently recommend Pisces to any traveler heading to Kinsale. I plan on staying there again in future trips if it is available.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
29 Sep 2016
Thank you very much for such a lovely review. You were delightful people and I would certainly love to have you back.
Irene.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 1 September 2016 for a stay in August 2016

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Irene and the fantastic wifi.
Liked least: Not applicable.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
2 Sep 2016
Thanks Patrick, it's easy to be nice to nice people. You were wonderful guests would love to see you back anytime.
Irene
caracal12...
London, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous View & Peace”
Reviewed 11 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016

We enjoyed a peaceful stay with a lovely view. Kitchen is well equipped, water and heating always hot enough.

Travelling group: Extended Family
14 Apr 2016
Thank you Odette, glad you enjoyed your stay at Pisces. Irene
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing