“Worth a journey”

Cuisines: French, Seafood, Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Absolutely fantastic small French bistro in the town of Malahide. If traveling in/out from Dublin airport, you could be staying just a short drive/taxi from the seacoast town of Malahide. Rather than the hassle of going into Dublin for a meal, enjoy a walk along the beach and boardwalk and partake of an outstanding meal. The specials we enjoyed were as starter six stone crab claws. And as a main course fresh Dover sole. One of the best meals we had in Ireland - and we had some great meals. Service prompt and unimposing. Reservations are a must as this is a small restaurant.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is a very lovely restaurant. It is small, and the wait staff is attentive. It looks out across the street from an inlet from the Irish Sea. The fish is excellent since this is a coastal town. I had the special which included two tiny crab cakes and a fresh mushroom reduction sauce with a dorado filet. My husband had a Thai monkfish which had a presentation inside a large chip-like shell. The scallop appetizer was delicious as was the wonderful fish chowder. A very nice evening out.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My wife and I had lunch there today and I must say that we were not disappointed.
The food was excellent - we both had fresh fish which was extremely tasty and well presented. Top nosh - well worth a try !

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Arrived a little earlier than our booking, which was no problem at all. Had the sharing platter to start with, which I would strongly recommend, everything was really tasty. Had perfectly cooked fresh fish for mains, with a nice bottle of white. Service was friendly, and the atmosphere nice and relaxed. Food was more high end than I was expecting, well worth the money.

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Had the cooked seafood platter to share for lunch. It consisted of calamari, mussels, garlic shrimp, oysters and crab cakes. It was all delicious! We had a glass of white wine also. I dropped my rating one star because the server was very grumpy and inattentive, like we had bothered her on a Sunday afternoon.

1  Thank MsBuckhorn