Reviews (1 375)
1 376 results
All reviews kenmare bay leisure centre kids club superior room play area lovely hotel health club town centre bar food wedding reception family wedding underfloor heating buffet style short cut short break last weekend double bed
59 - 64 of 1 376 reviews
Reviewed 18 June 2018

My parents and I stayed there one night while driving around the Ring of Kerry. It was a good hotel, and everything you'd expect for the price: the beds were comfy, the rooms were clean and quiet, and fairly large for Ireland. The staff was helpful - for instance, I forgot my toothbrush and a staff member delivered one to my door. They also had good information on traveling the Ring. The only weird thing was, when we were checking in, whenever my mom asked questions, they would direct their answers to me since "it was my name on the reservation".
The breakfast buffet had a wide variety of food, and was really good. The free parking and wifi was appreciated (and the wifi worked well!). The hotel is very close to everything else in Kenmare as well.
The one thing I wish the hotel had had was an elevator. My parents were up one flight of stairs, and stairs can be difficult for them sometimes, especially when my mom is tired. It was ok since I was there to carry their bags up and down the stairs, but for older travelers on their own, they might find this difficult.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Nix3467
Andrew R, General Manager at Kenmare Bay Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent review and comments. I am glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us, and that our ideal location and the accommodations were to your liking,
Thank you for your kind comments about our friendly staff.
We hope to see again in the near future,

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

We only stayed for one night but the level of service was excellent. Very friendly staff in all areas but especially the young staff at the bar/ restaurant on the Saturday night. Great banter and chat. The female staff member had to deal with an obnoxious guest but handled herself very well kept her composure and was very polite. Well done.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review, and for your comments about our good service. We pride ourselves on our fabulous staff, who are an asset to our hotel.
Hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 17 June 2018

Spent three nights here at beginning of June, arrived late and extremely tired on Friday night to be met with a receptionist who did not even look at us. She asked us our names and couldn't even bring herself to crack a smile. Came down for breakfast the following morning, the buffet looked delicious, unfortunately with all the heat lamps it was still cold. We eat breakfast elsewhere the next two mornings. Our room was mediocre at best, in need of a facelift, very dated.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank 2002aoife2002
Andrew R, General Manager at Kenmare Bay Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review. I am sorry that on this occasion we did not live up to your expectations, and that there were some things that let us down, we appreciate your feedback and comments as they assist us in improving on things.
I hope that we may welcome you back in the near future to turn around your experience.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

I recently stayed in the Hotel for four nights and I can't speak highly enough about it. The staff are superb particularly Tom the wedding coordinator, Ryan at the bar and all the reception staff honestly couldn't do enough for you. My family stayed in the houses just adjacent to the Hotel and thoroughly enjoyed their stay. The houses are extremely homely and ideal for families. I would 100% recommend this to anyone staying in Kenmare.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and lovely comments, it is wonderful to hear that you had an good stay in our holiday homes in the grounds of the hotel, and that our staff looked after you well during your stay.
We appreciate your recommendation, and look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

I visited the Kenmare Bay Hotel at the weekend staying for 3 nights. With the exception of the rooms having no air conditioning, it was a fantastic weekend. The Staff were very welcoming. The rooms were spacious & the food, especially on Sunday night (compliments to the Chef) was delicious. I look forward to returning.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review. I am delighted to read your lovely comments about your recent stay with us, and that you enjoyed the room, food and our friendly staff.
I will be sure to pass on your compliments to the chef and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.