Reviews (1 236)
1 236 results
All reviews conservatory restaurant leisure centre leisure club pretty village steam room lovely village main restaurant wedding party wedding reception executive room the pub sunday lunch evening meal waltons bar return visit railway station lamb
131 - 136 of 1 236 reviews
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Comfortable room, good value, fantastic breakfast. Great location - do take a look at the viaduct nearby.. Sadly, we didn't have time to make the most of the leisure facilities, but these are definitely an added bonus.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jewelscrown, General Manager at Crown Wetheral Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Good Morning

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am delighted to read that you have found the hotel to be of good value and in a great location. I have cascaded your positive comments onto my teams.

On behalf of myself and the staff here, I would like to thank you for choosing the Crown Hotel as your desired destination, and we do look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We returned to the Crown for one night prior to a dog show in Carlisle. This was our fourth stay at this excellent hotel. Our two Border Terriers were made really welcome. In our comfortable bedroom there was a dog blanket, a bowl of water, dogggy bags, and dog treats! Walton’s Bar is a great place to enjoy a drink or two, and to meet the locals, many of whom bring their dogs along. Wonderful bar meals at reasonable prices are to be highly recommended.

Room Tip: First floor room we had was lovely
Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Good Morning

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent one night stay. I am happy to read that once again you and your dogs have enjoyed your stay .

On behalf of myself and my teams, I would like to thank you for your continued loyalty over the past year, its always a delight to welcome you back and we do look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Excellent food in the restaurant and bar; breakfast was a very tasty start to the day and the staff were all very helpful and friendly. Had two enjoyable meals in the friendly bar, which has an excellent range of food all served in generous helpings.

Stayed: April 2018

Good Morning

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am happy to read that you have enjoyed our facilities and hospitality. I have cascaded your positive comments onto my teams.

On behalf of myself and my staff, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us, and we do look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

We had a lovely spacious bedroom, huge comfy bed, very cosy. Really enjoyed using the leisure facilities especially the gym. All staff very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was very good value for money. Enjoyed the friendly relaxed atmosphere in the bar, especially the welcoming atmosphere for dogs.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Jewelscrown, General Manager at Crown Wetheral Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Good Afternoon

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed our hospitality and facilities especially the leisure facilities, please be assured I have passed your positive comments onto my team.

On behalf of myself and the team, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us, and we do look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Another great dog-friendly hotel, that we would never have thought of had we not been with a friend who was born across the river.

We booked on a full-board deal for two nights which was stunning value. We ate both nights in the restaurant and what was really great was that we could have anything of any of the menus as a part of the deals. Very tempting to have steaks every night!

A lovely pool and spa topped of an excellent couple of stays.

Room Tip: No apparent lift available for the 2nd floor
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Good Afternoon

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent two night stay. I am very happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay. I have passed your rewarding comments onto my teams.

Oh behalf of myself and my staff, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us, and we do look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back again in the near future.