All reviews the pub ducks and geese suet pudding specials board a family run business rooms are fine real ale lovely atmosphere varied menu off the beaten track log fire fresh milk fillet steak full english nice room down to earth sunday lunch
Reviewed 15 August 2018

We have stayed several times at the Crooked Inn and always enjoy our stay and the food, My partner stayed last week loves the room he was in, it is one we have stayed in before. Enjoys eating on site so he can have a drink and thoroughly enjoyed his steak. Took advantage of me not being there and cheated on his diet and indulged in a cooked breakfast which was delicious. Alas i never got to join him even though he took my clothes down. No surprises packed his clothes and left some of mine in the draw! We phoned and they offered to parcel them back to me and no cost to us. Today I received them in the post so thank you.Excellent service whilst there and brilliant after service. Thank you

Room Tip: Unable to rate as link broke. Excellent service and clean
Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

Came here for a birthday. I did ring up and see if they could pop some balloons on the table... was told this was something they didn't do?

Okay... So 5 of us had cavery- very bland, carrots could of done with a bit more cooking and the suede was like water...extremely runny!!

Staff were rude and didn't seem to have or make time for customers.

On a plus the children did like the outside play area.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Jess S
Reviewed 11 July 2018

Fairly traditional place in the middle of the country, friendly staff, room nice, clean and cosy. Breakfast looked good, loads of choice, even had almond milk, though I didn’t partake. Evening meal, my colleague had the suet pudding which he said was lovely, I went for the vegan tandoori curry which after 15mins was told it was off which was disappointing. There were other veggie options but I decided to plump for the cheesy chips which came with a thick slice of bread and a side salad, went down a treat. Would recommend, don’t expect modern though, it is a traditional family pub.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Neil A
Reviewed 3 July 2018

Greeted upon our arrival by a very friendly barmaid who kindly showed us to our dog-friendly room. Had a quick walk about the grounds - ducks and geese wandering freely was lovely to see, but they do leave their calling card everywhere. A big pile of dog poo by the children's slide was also very off-putting! After drinks and a good old natter in the bar, we went back to our room.

The room was very clean but the bathroom needed some TLC. It was quite chilly after a shower but there was no heating in the bathroom, the shaver point/light did not work and the towels had seen better days. The bed linen was crisp and white. There were tea/coffee making facilities and we were offered fresh milk, a nice touch.

We ate in the conservatory. This room also needs some TLC: rusty radiators, dried plant leaves on the floor, dirty windows. Unfortunately, the food was not to our liking and certainly did not resemble the photos shown on the website. Our meals were served on wooden platters; all I could think of was 'how many germs are lurking on the wood' as I was eating. Yuk!!

We had a good night's sleep on a comfortable bed.

We chose a full English for our breakfast, which was tasty. You serve yourself to tea/coffee, juice (not fresh), cereal etc.

This was just a one night stopover; would we stay here again? Probably not.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GillyB23
Reviewed 1 July 2018

Really loved visiting this quaint off the beaten track inn. Friendly welcome and great beers. Good menu and all food cooked freshly to order. Nice to have the ducks and geese waddling around in the courtyard of the inn whilst we were eating. Enjoyed this inn so much that we decided to come back for a second visit. The inn is located down a fairly dark lane so trust your sat nav and follow your instincts :-). Highly recommended.

Stayed: June 2018