Reviews (1 208)
1 208 results
All reviews golf course st mellion superior room golf resort golf break elemis toiletries nicklaus bar golf shop balcony overlooking great golf spa treatments car park leisure facilities in excellent condition great weekend evening meal round of golf
7 - 12 of 1 208 reviews
Reviewed 22 October 2018 via mobile

The room was plush and quiet. Big bed, generous bathroom and air conditioning ~ marvellous, as I like my room a cool 16.
I slept fitfully, waking early.

I started my day with a swim, sauna and jacuzzi. Wow, the facilities are outstanding. The pool (there's x3) I used was 25m.

Yeah, I'd come here anytime. I'm off to sample breakfast... Toodle pop.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 20 October 2018 via mobile

This hotel is built around the golf & leisure facilities, and is big so lacks an atmosphere.
The check in guy was nice, showed us to our room.

The room was very purpose built no nice touches and it was fine for one nights stay.
We had dinner at the hotel, lots of choice if your a meat eater.. no options for vegetarian, one pasta the other risotto... so very dull.

We didn’t stay for breakfast as I felt £12.50 was excess for a veggie (after seeing dinner I doubted there would have been any inspiring for breakfast)

The WiFi is bad, annoying as I needed to do some work from my work and it kept dropping out.

The pool area looked so good, wish I had of had time to enjoy..

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank NLocke
Reviewed 15 October 2018

I was part of a group of 8 golfers who visited St Mellion in October 2018. We had been looking for a short break to end our 2018 season and chose St Mellion as a couple of the group had played it before and the deal we sourced was fantastic - two rounds of golf, evening meal, bed and breakfast for an amazing price, plus we were given 'St Mellion' points to spend in the bar or the shop.

We had great communication with the team at St Mellion - Julie in the golf operations team checked in regularly regarding numbers attending, preferred tee times, rooming arrangements and on the day that we travelled the Pro Shop called to let us know the Kernow course was closed but we could still get a game on the Nicklaus course instead. We were very well looked after.

The Nicklaus course was in great condition - despite lots of rain the course was very playable, but as usual very difficult! The hotel rooms were fine and the restaurant excellent - our evening meal had a great range of starters, mains and desserts to choose from and breakfast was very well organised.

A really good trip and we all hugely recommend St Mellion as a venue - take plenty of balls for the Nicklaus course though, it's hard!

Reviewed 4 October 2018

Both Courses are fabulous. What I was more impressed with was the quality of the food. I have been on a lot of Golf Breaks and the food is always OK but that is all you can say. St Mellion is a cut above the rest by a good amount. 100% will go back.

Date of stay: September 2018
1  Thank M00dyman
Reviewed 1 October 2018

There are some great deals to be had at this resort. We paid £249 for two nights dinner bead and breakfast, with 3 rounds of golf, 2 on the Kernow and 1 on the Nicklaus. Hotel was great with superb facilities for golfers. A super Pro Shop and bag drying room. The food, both breakfast and dinner were excellent.
The Kernow was a lovely course which we really enjoyed playing, but the Nicklaus is something else. We could believe how long and how tight the holes were. Some of the hotels were just beautiful. All in all we had a great time.
The wind blew on all 3 days so we would like to return and play the courses on a calmer day. A real challenge of golf.
The staff in the Pro Shop were excellent as were the Staff in the Nicklaus Bar where we spent all of our downtime.

Date of stay: September 2018