“Very welcome walking break!”

Hassop Station Cafe & Monsal Trail Cycle Hire
Ranked #17 of 88 Restaurants in Bakewell
Price range: US$5 - US$13
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Situated on the Monsal trail near Bakewell. Serving freshly prepared Breakfast, Lunch and Afternoon Tea using local produce. Open evenings during the spring and summer with fresh, stone baked pizzas. Ample parking, disabled access. Counter service. Bookshop, Gift Shop and Cycle Hire on site. Cycle Hire open 9-5, 7 days a week all year round
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Very pleasant, popular cafe with really good menu choice and freshly cooked food. We sat outside on a sunny day and really enjoyed it after a terrific walk along the trail - what views!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I returned here with a friend after cycling the Monsal trail. I had the New York Sub ciabatta with side salad which was fantastic. It had 3 good thick slices of pastrami - not the wafer thing stuff you get in the supermarket which I do actually like. There was salad, gherkins and hot melted cheese. It was lush. There was a simple side salad with a good dressing. I had a mug of tea which was good.

My friend had fried eggs (2) on toast with beans. The eggs were nicely cooked and the beans were apparently volcanic! She was happy with this. We both agreed we cannot stand luke warm food.

Service was good, friendly and speedy and the toilets were clean.

We were two happy customers :-)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I bought a voucher from Wowcher for cycle hire for two people which was great value. The cycles were well maintained and the guys ensured the seats were at a comfortable height. The trail is beautiful and interesting. Even though it was Spring Bank Holiday there was plenty of room to cycle comfortably. The beautiful weather made the day. There is a good selection of cycles to suit all ages. Would recommend this day out for the whole family.

1  Thank Janeybabe3
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I found the station area a little difficult as I could not go to the ladies through the cafe area with my dog! As I was walking alone this posed a problem. Although a very nice member of staff volunteered to hold him outside whilst I went. After which I wanted to order food although there was an outside covered area to sit with him there was no where securely to tie him up whilst I went in to order.
I managed by tying him to a sturdy table hoping he would be ok!
The lunch was lovely and the staff pleasant

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The food's really nice, not gourmet or anything, but perfect for when you're out walking and want something filling and healthy. That said, one of the best bits was the posh chips with truffle... oh my! It was lovely to sit in the sun and watch the walkers and cyclists go by. It does get extremely busy though and you have to queue for ages for food, but all in all it's worth it. We went back for the stone baked pizzas one evening later in the week, these were fresh and delicious if a little on the small side. House wine very good, by the way.