other travellers have booked this property

Review of Heywood St

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Terrible
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Sheila M
“Double booked”
Reviewed 29 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015
people found this review helpful

Unfortunately due to the property already being occupied by a family staying there due to an insurance claim on their house I cannot review this exact property but can review the so called 'upgrade' we were given. I messaged Mr K on the Monday to ask for the exact address and postcode for the property we had booked. I was surprised to get get a message back saying 'You have been upgraded to a 3 bed roomed newly refurbished detached house' I asked to see some pictures and was told it hadn't got furniture in it yet but would be furnished for when we got there so I asked for some pictures of it unfurnished. We had booked a house instead of a hotel due to having young children in our group so we could cook our own food and get the children to bed early as we had an early start for a swimming meet. On arrival I found Mr K and my friend taking in the back seats of a transit van into the front room to use as a settee as there was only 1, 2 seater settee for 5 people. We could not cook the food we had brought as the oven had not been put in yet and there were no curtains up at the window and there were lots of things that he still had to do i.e no toilet seat!. We had to go out to eat while Mr K finished off the bits that weren't done. We got back after 9 and just wanted to get ourselves and the children to bed. The oven still hadn't been put in and the curtains had been put up with screws. We were all tired and just wanted to go to bed as we had an early start. After an unsettled night on the makeshift uncomfortable beds I took the girls to the pool. My friend looked round the property properly in the morning to find light fittings and sockets not fitted properly, cracked windows and holes in the windows, glass in the garden, the fridge freezer was dirty with food left in the freezer section of it, the airing cupboard in the bathroom left a lot to be desired and the water leaked into the kitchen when we had a shower. We asked if the oven had been fitted only to be told that the plumber had broken his ankle. He offered us some money for food but never gave us the money. Basically this property was far from being ready for us to stay there and even though. Mr K had in his words 'worked his *** off to get it ready for us' he should have let us know that it wasn't ready so we could have found alternative accommodation. This property is far from being ready or suitable for a holiday let and I only hope that the original house is in better order than this.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.

Travellers are raving about these Chesterfield hotels

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing